Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you flush your tampons? **ETA**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you use them of course. My aunt said i couldnt when i lived with her because she was on septic. Then i just read in the "embarassing" post about a stray tampon that landed on the floor after missing the trash. I didnt know people threw them in the garbage.  

The box says not to flush the applicator.

I have not had my toilet clog in 17 years of living on my own from flushing tampons. Not saying it doesnt happen, just hasnt happened to me.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Replies (231-240):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 41 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:33 AM
No , I grew up with a septic tank so it was burned into my skull never to flush tampons lol. I will if I am in a restroom with no trash can in the stall though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 42 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:37 AM
You betcha
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

You found an amateur, not a professional landlord who handles it as a business.  No way would any landlord ever accept a Tenant's Lease unless he didn't know what he was doing. 

Hope it works for you, and for the landlord (and it can).  But if you insist on flushing these things, don't be surprised when it comes back to bite you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope we brought our own to make sure it had a military clause in it and the landlord used it.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Then your Lease was not drafted by a real estate attorney.  I guarantee that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nothing remotely close to that is in my lease. I would flush them even if it was, never had an issue.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Landlord here.  It is in all Leases that are properly drafted that toilet clogs by anything other than roots in the pipes are the financial responsibility of the TENANT.  Don't flush anything at all but waste and a bit of paper.

Quoting sadiebug1228:

my sons grandmother told me she rented her downstairs apartment out that the guys girlfriend flushed one and it backed up and flooded the whole downstairs and im not talking a little water like when they opened the front door it poured out and there was toilet paper and poop and nastyness in it.....all from a tampon...and they didnt have a septic system. i do so i dont flush them, i roll them in toilet paper and put them in the trash

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Two words:  Diva Cup. 

I tried the softcups and I thought they were horrid. Are Diva Cups any better?

JacksonGirl
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:42 AM
Yes and always have and my drains all work just fine.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Wrapped and in the trash for me. Where I am living too much paper will clog the damn toilet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 43 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I put them in the trash (wrapped in toilet paper) and DH discretely takes it out right away.

My mom flushed hers and now I know why, growing up, our toilets would always get clogged.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 43 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Soft cups suck so bad. They don't catch any blood.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Two words:  Diva Cup. 

I tried the softcups and I thought they were horrid. Are Diva Cups any better?

WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Yep I flush them.
My old boss regularly clogged the toilet at work by flushing the applicators. It drove me crazy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 44 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Yes... I didn't know people didn't, that's just gross to me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)