Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you flush your tampons? **ETA**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you use them of course. My aunt said i couldnt when i lived with her because she was on septic. Then i just read in the "embarassing" post about a stray tampon that landed on the floor after missing the trash. I didnt know people threw them in the garbage.  

The box says not to flush the applicator.

I have not had my toilet clog in 17 years of living on my own from flushing tampons. Not saying it doesnt happen, just hasnt happened to me.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Replies (251-260):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Actually that would be opposite from the case. My landlord owns about 30 rentals, his wife is a real estate agent as well as his daughter, he owns ten radio stations, a hotel and a few car dealerships. He was fine with using ours because we had it written with a military clause. I am not worried about it anyways. I have flushed them for about 30 years, so has my Mother and my sister and we have never had any issues.

Quoting TranquilMind:

You found an amateur, not a professional landlord who handles it as a business.  No way would any landlord ever accept a Tenant's Lease unless he didn't know what he was doing. 

Hope it works for you, and for the landlord (and it can).  But if you insist on flushing these things, don't be surprised when it comes back to bite you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope we brought our own to make sure it had a military clause in it and the landlord used it.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Then your Lease was not drafted by a real estate attorney.  I guarantee that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nothing remotely close to that is in my lease. I would flush them even if it was, never had an issue.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Landlord here.  It is in all Leases that are properly drafted that toilet clogs by anything other than roots in the pipes are the financial responsibility of the TENANT.  Don't flush anything at all but waste and a bit of paper.

Quoting sadiebug1228:

my sons grandmother told me she rented her downstairs apartment out that the guys girlfriend flushed one and it backed up and flooded the whole downstairs and im not talking a little water like when they opened the front door it poured out and there was toilet paper and poop and nastyness in it.....all from a tampon...and they didnt have a septic system. i do so i dont flush them, i roll them in toilet paper and put them in the trash

Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Mine says that the applicator is also flushable, is it perhaps because it is cardboard not plastic.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 46 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:38 PM
My dad is a plumber. He refers to them as sewer mice. Gross.

Quoting heresjohnny:

I have a septic, so no. Even if you don't have a septic though, they can get caught in the lines and cause damage to your plumbing.

soontobemommie3
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM
This. Especially if you have septic! Those things are just sitting there collecting into a huge bloody tampon ball. Eww.

Quoting Litlmama87:

No,

Wrap them in tissue, place them in a bag, & take them out to the garbage can.

You don't flush baby wipes or paper towels, what makes you think a tampon can make it to freedom?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JocelynsMama1
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:40 PM

i have never flushed a tampon...and dont know anyone that does personally....they are not biodegradeable (or whatever) like toilet paper is

Anonymous
by Anonymous 47 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:43 PM
When your septic tank backs up you'll wish you figured some way to keep the child and dig out of the bathroom. Lol. That shit can be expensive. But, your money, not mine.

Quoting RichardsMom0209:

We have a septic and I flush them. I don't want my son or dog getting ahold of used ones. YUCK!

Talliana
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:43 PM

always flushed the tampons unless I am somewhere that is not on the public sewer then you have to bag it and put it in the trash. you can't flush the applicator unless it is the cardboard ones. 

AerickMomi_MrsD
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I flush mines!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 47 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 7:49 PM
It will destroy a septic tank. If you don't have septic then, whatever. But, it's not a matter of fitting in a pipe.

Quoting Anonymous:

I flush them. I also flush the applicator and the wrapper. If  I get the paper ones they melt instantly in water, but if I have the plastic ones I put the plastic wrapper in the applicator to flush it. They are made to be flushed. They are much smaller than shit ladies, who would want that nasty blood in the trash? Ugh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

So how exactly do you think it destroys it? it's a tank and they are the same as tp. Moron.

Quoting Anonymous:

It will destroy a septic tank. If you don't have septic then, whatever. But, it's not a matter of fitting in a pipe.

Quoting Anonymous:

I flush them. I also flush the applicator and the wrapper. If  I get the paper ones they melt instantly in water, but if I have the plastic ones I put the plastic wrapper in the applicator to flush it. They are made to be flushed. They are much smaller than shit ladies, who would want that nasty blood in the trash? Ugh

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)