Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you flush your tampons? **ETA**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you use them of course. My aunt said i couldnt when i lived with her because she was on septic. Then i just read in the "embarassing" post about a stray tampon that landed on the floor after missing the trash. I didnt know people threw them in the garbage.  

The box says not to flush the applicator.

I have not had my toilet clog in 17 years of living on my own from flushing tampons. Not saying it doesnt happen, just hasnt happened to me.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Replies (261-270):
haydsmom2007
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:07 PM

No I throw them in the trash. You're not supposed to flush them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I flush baby wipes, paper towels and tampons..

Quoting Litlmama87:

No,

Wrap them in tissue, place them in a bag, & take them out to the garbage can.

You don't flush baby wipes or paper towels, what makes you think a tampon can make it to freedom?

HaloWithHorns78
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I did. If the toilet can handle a big turd it can handle a tampon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 47 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:09 PM
No they're not you fucking dipshit. But, your money not mine so do whatever the fuck you want. Idiot.

Quoting Anonymous:

So how exactly do you think it destroys it? it's a tank and they are the same as tp. Moron.

Quoting Anonymous:

It will destroy a septic tank. If you don't have septic then, whatever. But, it's not a matter of fitting in a pipe.

Quoting Anonymous:

I flush them. I also flush the applicator and the wrapper. If  I get the paper ones they melt instantly in water, but if I have the plastic ones I put the plastic wrapper in the applicator to flush it. They are made to be flushed. They are much smaller than shit ladies, who would want that nasty blood in the trash? Ugh

haydsmom2007
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:10 PM

if you think it's ok to flush tampons, tampon applicators, and the plastic wrapper and that they are the same as toilet paper then you're the moron.

Quoting Anonymouis:

So how exactly do you think it destroys it? it's a tank and they are the same as tp. Moron.

Quoting Anonymous:

It will destroy a septic tank. If you don't have septic then, whatever. But, it's not a matter of fitting in a pipe.

Quoting Anonymous:

I flush them. I also flush the applicator and the wrapper. If  I get the paper ones they melt instantly in water, but if I have the plastic ones I put the plastic wrapper in the applicator to flush it. They are made to be flushed. They are much smaller than shit ladies, who would want that nasty blood in the trash? Ugh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM

The cardboard ones I buy say they are okay to flush, and yeah they are the same as tp. WTF kind of jacked up tampons are you buying you idiot?

Quoting haydsmom2007:

if you think it's ok to flush tampons, tampon applicators, and the plastic wrapper and that they are the same as toilet paper then you're the moron.

Quoting Anonymouis:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM

The cardboard ones I buy say they are okay to flush, and yeah they are the same as tp. WTF kind of jacked up tampons are you buying you idiot?

Quoting Anonymous:

No they're not you fucking dipshit. But, your money not mine so do whatever the fuck you want. Idiot.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

CatherineNewton
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:30 PM

..... why would you flush one? have you ever been in a public bath room they say do not flush all over the place. tampons should not be flushed....... I just thought that was common knowledge. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 49 on Jan. 8, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Yes, worst thing happened last night, I flushed and I guess it didn't flush all the way and dh asked "umm, is this your tampon in the toilet?" I freaked out because i'm EXTREMELY private, like we have been married for 5 years and have 2 kids and I have never gone to the bathroom in front of him. I was so embarrassed I cried.

SodiumPentathol
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I dare you ladies who flush them to call ANY plumber and ask their opinion. seriously.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)