Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you let your teen?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Would you let your teen read any of elen hopkins's books? If so about what age would you let them?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Replies (21-30):
polyhymia
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I tried to read them in highschool, but they were never available. I did manage to find one at the public library after I graduated. Yes I would let my ds, when he is a teen. Probably at what ever age he shows interest in it. I think it would provide a wonderful oppurtunity for a conversation, which is why I would probably never say he cannot read a certain book 
(unless it's really about an age issue, I would not let him read,say, 50 shades as a young teen haha) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Never heard of that but I won't censor what my son reads either as long as he enjoys reading I'm happy

Quoting Tesserae:

I do not censor his reading at all. He's currently reading the Game of Throne series as a matter of fact.

Kaitlin123
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM
I did when I was in middle school
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I read most of those books in high school and thought they were amazing. It taught me a lot about drugs that no one else thought to talk to me about

Quoting polyhymia:

I tried to read them in highschool, but they were never available. I did manage to find one at the public library after I graduated. Yes I would let my ds, when he is a teen. Probably at what ever age he shows interest in it. I think it would provide a wonderful oppurtunity for a conversation, which is why I would probably never say he cannot read a certain book 
(unless it's really about an age issue, I would not let him read,say, 50 shades as a young teen haha) 

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM
I don't believe in age limits
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM

You should they are amazing. The picture lists all the books she has written. But the two on the right are adult books 

Quoting mantyangel:

I'm not familiar with them.  Hmmmm I just might need to read them.

Caylin.Momma28
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM

8th maybe 9th grade and up yes.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I've never read them so I can't say....but I will go with yes

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:09 PM

I don't either I feel they should read whatever interests them. But I seriously doubt a 7 year old would be interested in these books.

but it is the same as 17 year olds reading the book night which is very mature and graphic 

Quoting Elle.tea.22:

I don't believe in age limits

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM

They are really good books but the two on the right are actually adult books and probably would interest a teen 

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I've never read them so I can't say....but I will go with yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN