Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pop Rocks for the first time. He's 2, and had never had them before. I showed him how to tilt his head back and dump a bunch in. The look on his face when they hit his mouth was a combination of adoration, joy, and sheer terror. 

My tummy had the rumblies that only hands could satisfy.
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Replies (31-40):
babybelly25
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Mmmmmmm pop rocks :) ever had the candy cane ones? Yummy!
CookieMom108
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM

LOL.  I remember when I gave them to my son for the first time too.  It was cute.

MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM

LOL! I've tried to introduce them to my DD over the years... She isn't having it. 

MonkeyMommyNJ
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM

aww.. thats cute. ds loved them.. me 2

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Exactly. I don't mind being bashed because the people that DO get it are worth the post.

Quoting jj4ij:

That is so funny that you say this.  I have a four year old, and I did the same thing when he was about two.  It was a great moment.  His reactions were great!  I laughed for days over it, wish I could have recorded it. 

Well, over Thanksgiving I went to my brothers and he has a baby almost two, and I got some pop rocks for my nephew.... excited about his reaction.

Well... the kid is an eating machine and ate them like nothing.  No reaction, no weird face... just requests for more.   He swallowed the bunch whole.  You could hear them crackling on his lips... but he didn't care! 

His nick name is BEEF !!!  Too funny.  I am sure you will  be bashed for doing this, but it is fun and it is funny and life needs some fun.  Why have kids if not for some entertainment.  I am totally with you : )

My tummy had the rumblies that only hands could satisfy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:33 PM

I pour some in my 1 year old's mouth when I get them. He loves them as well

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Our kids love them also but I haven't bought them any the Grandma does!

AleaKat
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Lmao!!!! That's hilarious!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Xanbuttsmom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM
I gave them to my son like last Christmas or something like that. He had no reaction lol. Sheer disappointment lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jj4ij
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Oh, I get it..... and I am pleasantly surprised how many others here do too.  I totally expected you to be blasted.  I honestly thought I would be the only supported reply, so I hurried and replied before reading any others.....  I was shocked!  Gosh, people flip for letting a kid eat a lolly pop at Halloween time!

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Exactly. I don't mind being bashed because the people that DO get it are worth the post.

Quoting jj4ij:

That is so funny that you say this.  I have a four year old, and I did the same thing when he was about two.  It was a great moment.  His reactions were great!  I laughed for days over it, wish I could have recorded it. 

Well, over Thanksgiving I went to my brothers and he has a baby almost two, and I got some pop rocks for my nephew.... excited about his reaction.

Well... the kid is an eating machine and ate them like nothing.  No reaction, no weird face... just requests for more.   He swallowed the bunch whole.  You could hear them crackling on his lips... but he didn't care! 

His nick name is BEEF !!!  Too funny.  I am sure you will  be bashed for doing this, but it is fun and it is funny and life needs some fun.  Why have kids if not for some entertainment.  I am totally with you : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)