Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pop Rocks for the first time. He's 2, and had never had them before. I showed him how to tilt his head back and dump a bunch in. The look on his face when they hit his mouth was a combination of adoration, joy, and sheer terror. 

My tummy had the rumblies that only hands could satisfy.
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Oh man, so many women on here would be all up in my grill if they saw how we ate and fed our child, and the funny thing is, compared to almost everyone I've met in real life, we're not bad at all. I make almost everything from scratch using good ingredients. So I let my kid have treats in moderation, and we get fast food once or twice a month. Coming on this site you'd think I was abusing my kid by letting him have some pie or candy after a good meal. Holy crap.

This post has had a much more positive outcome than some that have gone up. Like the woman who let her toddler eat powdered donuts. She got reamed for it. It's kind of funny, in a twisted way. Clucky little hens are we, that puff our chests and ruffle our feathers. lol

Quoting jj4ij:

Oh, I get it..... and I am pleasantly surprised how many others here do too.  I totally expected you to be blasted.  I honestly thought I would be the only supported reply, so I hurried and replied before reading any others.....  I was shocked!  Gosh, people flip for letting a kid eat a lolly pop at Halloween time!

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Exactly. I don't mind being bashed because the people that DO get it are worth the post.

Quoting jj4ij:

That is so funny that you say this.  I have a four year old, and I did the same thing when he was about two.  It was a great moment.  His reactions were great!  I laughed for days over it, wish I could have recorded it. 

Well, over Thanksgiving I went to my brothers and he has a baby almost two, and I got some pop rocks for my nephew.... excited about his reaction.

Well... the kid is an eating machine and ate them like nothing.  No reaction, no weird face... just requests for more.   He swallowed the bunch whole.  You could hear them crackling on his lips... but he didn't care! 

His nick name is BEEF !!!  Too funny.  I am sure you will  be bashed for doing this, but it is fun and it is funny and life needs some fun.  Why have kids if not for some entertainment.  I am totally with you : )

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Great...teach your kid to tilt their head back and pour candy down their throat into their lungs....sounds like a good plan to me.
tisha826
by Tisha on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Haha love it, my dd's almost two, I'm so getting some next time I go to the store!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Oh yes. And then I told him that while the candy pours out, he needs to tilt it back farther and inhale through his mouth. Next I'm going to teach him how to shotgun a beer and turn a potato into a pipe. Problem?

Quoting Anonymous:

Great...teach your kid to tilt their head back and pour candy down their throat into their lungs....sounds like a good plan to me.

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM

LMAO I thought this would say "up for adoption".

*slaps hand* Bad girl!

baquick
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Ha. I gave my 2yr old some and he didn't like it at all.

Which is fine... More for me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gemikris82
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM

lol im a lot older than your son and i still get scared when they go off in my mouth

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Honestly, we took our son for a late night walk in the snow to the store, which was a blast, btw, even though I'm sure someone will have something bad to say about that too, and we each got a little treat, but he picked out a flashlight for his, so we bought it for him. I got a 3 pack of Pop Rocks not intending to share, but he had eaten his breakfast and asked for some. BEST IDEA EVER. So glad I happened to see Pop Rocks by the register.

Quoting tisha826:

Haha love it, my dd's almost two, I'm so getting some next time I go to the store!

TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Haha I have those to DD for the first time a few months ago.. She loved them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bertha21
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:08 PM
I would always chew them for an extra loud pop.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)