Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pop Rocks for the first time. He's 2, and had never had them before. I showed him how to tilt his head back and dump a bunch in. The look on his face when they hit his mouth was a combination of adoration, joy, and sheer terror. 

My tummy had the rumblies that only hands could satisfy.
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Replies (51-59):
LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:09 PM
  • that description makes my mouth tingle lol
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:09 PM

On bad days I've told him I'm going to sell him to the Asmat tribe. We just watched a documentary about Papua, New Guinea the other day and learned about cannibalism in the Asmat and Korowai tribes, and he always just laughs and runs away yelling at me not bite him or gobble him up. We're kind of morbid as far as families go.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

LMAO I thought this would say "up for adoption".

*slaps hand* Bad girl!

Mocking.Jay
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM

LMAO I told my kid zombies live in our basement yet he's obsessed but he won't step foot in there. I put all his toys down there when he's being a little shit!

Quoting ImNotKarl:

On bad days I've told him I'm going to sell him to the Asmat tribe. We just watched a documentary about Papua, New Guinea the other day and learned about cannibalism in the Asmat and Korowai tribes, and he always just laughs and runs away yelling at me not bite him or gobble him up. We're kind of morbid as far as families go.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

*slaps hand* Bad girl!

tisha826
by Tisha on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Pop rocks for breakfast, love it even more! Lol

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Honestly, we took our son for a late night walk in the snow to the store, which was a blast, btw, even though I'm sure someone will have something bad to say about that too, and we each got a little treat, but he picked out a flashlight for his, so we bought it for him. I got a 3 pack of Pop Rocks not intending to share, but he had eaten his breakfast and asked for some. BEST IDEA EVER. So glad I happened to see Pop Rocks by the register.

Quoting tisha826:

Haha love it, my dd's almost two, I'm so getting some next time I go to the store!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jj4ij
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Heehee, crazy am I that I could only wish and dream to be able to eat every meal out at a fast food place.  I do feed my kids fast food at LEAST twice a week.  And there have been times they ate junk for dinner, and I mean like powder donuts and a glass of milk.  (Mind you, they eat dinner at 4:30 in the daycare center but I feed them again at home).   I am a "bad mom" when it comes to eating ethics. 

BUT... when I was a kid, we were on the "Feingold Diet" because my brother had ADHD.  My diet was totally restricted from fun things.  Guess what?   I grew up to eat ALL of the crap that I couldn't when I was a kid.  And now I have my permanent teeth and permanent fat cells.  Would have preferred it the other way around.  BUT, I am poor, cannot always get to the store and work full time and tend to a house and two kids.  I do the best I can.  I BET my kids last as long as the "organic health nuts" kids do... bet they live as as long, and do just as good.  Hey maybe thier kids will grow up and eat nothing but McDonald's and Laffy taffy like me and my kids with become Vegans???  Who the hell knows and who the hell cares? 

My kids are full, healthy and happy. 

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Oh man, so many women on here would be all up in my grill if they saw how we ate and fed our child, and the funny thing is, compared to almost everyone I've met in real life, we're not bad at all. I make almost everything from scratch using good ingredients. So I let my kid have treats in moderation, and we get fast food once or twice a month. Coming on this site you'd think I was abusing my kid by letting him have some pie or candy after a good meal. Holy crap.

This post has had a much more positive outcome than some that have gone up. Like the woman who let her toddler eat powdered donuts. She got reamed for it. It's kind of funny, in a twisted way. Clucky little hens are we, that puff our chests and ruffle our feathers. lol

Quoting jj4ij:

Oh, I get it..... and I am pleasantly surprised how many others here do too.  I totally expected you to be blasted.  I honestly thought I would be the only supported reply, so I hurried and replied before reading any others.....  I was shocked!  Gosh, people flip for letting a kid eat a lolly pop at Halloween time!

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Exactly. I don't mind being bashed because the people that DO get it are worth the post.

Quoting jj4ij:

That is so funny that you say this.  I have a four year old, and I did the same thing when he was about two.  It was a great moment.  His reactions were great!  I laughed for days over it, wish I could have recorded it. 

Well, over Thanksgiving I went to my brothers and he has a baby almost two, and I got some pop rocks for my nephew.... excited about his reaction.

Well... the kid is an eating machine and ate them like nothing.  No reaction, no weird face... just requests for more.   He swallowed the bunch whole.  You could hear them crackling on his lips... but he didn't care! 

His nick name is BEEF !!!  Too funny.  I am sure you will  be bashed for doing this, but it is fun and it is funny and life needs some fun.  Why have kids if not for some entertainment.  I am totally with you : )

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Any time we eat anything red, we have to take my son's clothes off because he pretends to BE a zombie. He's such a little goon. This is him reaching for our brains after eating mixed berries that had soaked in a little sugar. We put them on ice cream and had some left.

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

LMAO I told my kid zombies live in our basement yet he's obsessed but he won't step foot in there. I put all his toys down there when he's being a little shit!

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Quoting Mocking.Jay:

*slaps hand* Bad girl!

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Agreed. When I was growing up we ate Burger King any day there wasn't school and my mom had errands to run. Which was most days when I was younger. I only started cooking everything because I LIKE to. I'm a foodie. And a SAHM, so I have the time. Not everyone is the same, and that's ok. It's their family and their life. I, for one, love going to people's houses that eat a bunch of fast food and order in a lot because it's a rare treat at our house. 

Some days all my son wants to eat is generic fruit loops. So that's all he eats. I'm not going to make him starve because he doesn't want a sandwich or something. Some days all he wants is bleu cheese, and some days it's French fries. I'm ok with our lifestyle.

Quoting jj4ij:

Heehee, crazy am I that I could only wish and dream to be able to eat every meal out at a fast food place.  I do feed my kids fast food at LEAST twice a week.  And there have been times they ate junk for dinner, and I mean like powder donuts and a glass of milk.  (Mind you, they eat dinner at 4:30 in the daycare center but I feed them again at home).   I am a "bad mom" when it comes to eating ethics. 

BUT... when I was a kid, we were on the "Feingold Diet" because my brother had ADHD.  My diet was totally restricted from fun things.  Guess what?   I grew up to eat ALL of the crap that I couldn't when I was a kid.  And now I have my permanent teeth and permanent fat cells.  Would have preferred it the other way around.  BUT, I am poor, cannot always get to the store and work full time and tend to a house and two kids.  I do the best I can.  I BET my kids last as long as the "organic health nuts" kids do... bet they live as as long, and do just as good.  Hey maybe thier kids will grow up and eat nothing but McDonald's and Laffy taffy like me and my kids with become Vegans???  Who the hell knows and who the hell cares? 

My kids are full, healthy and happy. 

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Oh man, so many women on here would be all up in my grill if they saw how we ate and fed our child, and the funny thing is, compared to almost everyone I've met in real life, we're not bad at all. I make almost everything from scratch using good ingredients. So I let my kid have treats in moderation, and we get fast food once or twice a month. Coming on this site you'd think I was abusing my kid by letting him have some pie or candy after a good meal. Holy crap.

This post has had a much more positive outcome than some that have gone up. Like the woman who let her toddler eat powdered donuts. She got reamed for it. It's kind of funny, in a twisted way. Clucky little hens are we, that puff our chests and ruffle our feathers. lol

Quoting jj4ij:

Oh, I get it..... and I am pleasantly surprised how many others here do too.  I totally expected you to be blasted.  I honestly thought I would be the only supported reply, so I hurried and replied before reading any others.....  I was shocked!  Gosh, people flip for letting a kid eat a lolly pop at Halloween time!

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Exactly. I don't mind being bashed because the people that DO get it are worth the post.

Quoting jj4ij:

That is so funny that you say this.  I have a four year old, and I did the same thing when he was about two.  It was a great moment.  His reactions were great!  I laughed for days over it, wish I could have recorded it. 

Well, over Thanksgiving I went to my brothers and he has a baby almost two, and I got some pop rocks for my nephew.... excited about his reaction.

Well... the kid is an eating machine and ate them like nothing.  No reaction, no weird face... just requests for more.   He swallowed the bunch whole.  You could hear them crackling on his lips... but he didn't care! 

His nick name is BEEF !!!  Too funny.  I am sure you will  be bashed for doing this, but it is fun and it is funny and life needs some fun.  Why have kids if not for some entertainment.  I am totally with you : )

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM
I don't see it as a big deal! I'm not open about our eating habits because people are psychos about it, lol.

Quoting ImNotKarl:

That's alright. It's not an amount that's considered harmful. He has chocolate sometimes, too, and that also has caffeine. By most of the standards of CafeMom'ers, I'm a terrible mom, so I'm not really concerned about it. I've been pretty open about our eating habits since joining, and it's never going to be what most feel is acceptable. So it goes.

Quoting GhettoKoolAide:

All tea has a bit of caffeine in it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ImNotKarl:

Meh. He ate a good breakfast. Decaf chamomile tea with lemon, scrambled eggs, sourdough toast, some lean ground beef patty with a little ketchup, garlic hashbrowns, and a peach. He'll be ok.

Quoting Anonymous:

Three packs of pop rocks for a two year old? Oh god.

Quoting ImNotKarl:

So do I, and apparently so does he, because he just burnt through a package of each of the three classic flavors in under 5 minutes.

Quoting Anonymous:

I love pop rocks.

i didnt know they made caffeinated chamomile tea lol!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Quoting tinkerbelle18:

Pop rock are awesome! I havent had any in awhile but theyre so fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)