Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I packed up his Xbox and sent him to the principals office (cussing)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

Not my son. My brother in law; 24 years old. He lives with us right now because he got a job here in town and it was too far to drive from his house, its a 2 month deal and he goes home on the weekends. 

He plays Call Of Duty on the xbox 360 and gets too into it. He screams at the TV, throws his controller on the ground, hes pretty much a pathetic 5 year old throwing a tantrum because hes losing. I've told him TONS of times that theres kids listening and watching him and he can't be doing that. He apologizes and stops for a round or two and does the same thing. He'll scream at the TV saying stuff like "You damn __ why cant you just die" "die you m'f'er" "you c_ sucking a-hole" "DIE" "f'ing a-hole" "im gonna blow your head off m'f'er" the list goes on and on.

My 5 year old asked what some of those words meant, and i told him that uncle james gets mad and says bad words and that hes not suppose to repeat them because thats not nice" 

He went to school today and when him and another kid got in a fight he loudly anounced "im gonna blow your head of m'f'er you suck"   when the school called me, even they were shocked. Hes quiet, shy and overall a happy little kid and that come out of no where. I went and talked to the principal and i told them about BIL, and so i went home and sent BIL to the prinicpals office.

Where he got his butt ripped. and had to apologize to my son, the classroom and the principal for teaching him that.  I wasn't expecting that all, but i'm glad they did. and it gave me time to pack up his xbox and games and give it to my mom to keep until he goes back on the weekends and its not coming back; if it does its getting packed up again.

Was that overboard? Should i have just talked to him at home and not involved the school?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2KiraEthan
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:34 PM

My DH does that when he plays the game..my son knows he better never repeat an bad words he ever hears. I don't know what I would have done if my son said one of them at school. I'd have been highly embarrassed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Not my son. My brother in law; 24 years old. He lives with us right now because he got a job here in town and it was too far to drive from his house, its a 2 month deal and he goes home on the weekends. 

He plays Call Of Duty on the xbox 360 and gets too into it. He screams at the TV, throws his controller on the ground, hes pretty much a pathetic 5 year old throwing a tantrum because hes losing. I've told him TONS of times that theres kids listening and watching him and he can't be doing that. He apologizes and stops for a round or two and does the same thing. He'll scream at the TV saying stuff like "You damn __ why cant you just die" "die you m'f'er" "you c_ sucking a-hole" "DIE" "f'ing a-hole" "im gonna blow your head off m'f'er" the list goes on and on.

My 5 year old asked what some of those words meant, and i told him that uncle james gets mad and says bad words and that hes not suppose to repeat them because thats not nice" 

He went to school today and when him and another kid got in a fight he loudly anounced "im gonna blow your head of m'f'er you suck"   when the school called me, even they were shocked. Hes quiet, shy and overall a happy little kid and that come out of no where. I went and talked to the principal and i told them about BIL, and so i went home and sent BIL to the prinicpals office.

Where he got his butt ripped. and had to apologize to my son, the classroom and the principal for teaching him that.  I wasn't expecting that all, but i'm glad they did. and it gave me time to pack up his xbox and games and give it to my mom to keep until he goes back on the weekends and its not coming back; if it does its getting packed up again.

Was that overboard? Should i have just talked to him at home and not involved the school?

That was your first mistake!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM

Quoting mama2KiraEthan:

My DH does that when he plays the game..my son knows he better never repeat an bad words he ever hears. I don't know what I would have done if my son said one of them at school. I'd have been highly embarrassed.

It was embarrising, hes FIVE he should never be saying words like that and before BIL came along he had never heard or said that. Thats kind of the reason why he had to go talk to the principal and talk to them. I don't want the school thinking i teach him those things.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Why do people allow other people to live with them and then are suprised when things go south?? Stop allowing others to live in your home!

areyouatroll
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Nope you are under reacting in my opinion, I would tell him he is not welcome to stay any longer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Ummmmmmm
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Yeah right!! What a bullshit story!
daiseymae2
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM

That is awesome they did that!

twinners.mama
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM
You did not overreact at all!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I know it was, but we always got along very well before he actually moved in and i didn't know he was this bad. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

That was your first mistake!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN