Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I packed up his Xbox and sent him to the principals office (cussing)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Not my son. My brother in law; 24 years old. He lives with us right now because he got a job here in town and it was too far to drive from his house, its a 2 month deal and he goes home on the weekends. 

He plays Call Of Duty on the xbox 360 and gets too into it. He screams at the TV, throws his controller on the ground, hes pretty much a pathetic 5 year old throwing a tantrum because hes losing. I've told him TONS of times that theres kids listening and watching him and he can't be doing that. He apologizes and stops for a round or two and does the same thing. He'll scream at the TV saying stuff like "You damn __ why cant you just die" "die you m'f'er" "you c_ sucking a-hole" "DIE" "f'ing a-hole" "im gonna blow your head off m'f'er" the list goes on and on.

My 5 year old asked what some of those words meant, and i told him that uncle james gets mad and says bad words and that hes not suppose to repeat them because thats not nice" 

He went to school today and when him and another kid got in a fight he loudly anounced "im gonna blow your head of m'f'er you suck"   when the school called me, even they were shocked. Hes quiet, shy and overall a happy little kid and that come out of no where. I went and talked to the principal and i told them about BIL, and so i went home and sent BIL to the prinicpals office.

Where he got his butt ripped. and had to apologize to my son, the classroom and the principal for teaching him that.  I wasn't expecting that all, but i'm glad they did. and it gave me time to pack up his xbox and games and give it to my mom to keep until he goes back on the weekends and its not coming back; if it does its getting packed up again.

Was that overboard? Should i have just talked to him at home and not involved the school?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah right!! What a bullshit story!

Totally. 

You must not be around guys who play this game. 

greenhazel96
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:38 PM
No you did the right thing, talking to him didnt work. He needs to redpect the rules of your house and he was being such a bad example to your son.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Haha. I think it's hilarious. Every bit of that story.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sthflachk
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM
This

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Haha. I think it's hilarious. Every bit of that story.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tossed
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I think you and the principal over reacted. The school may have acted shocked to you, but I guarantee this is not the first time this has happened and it will not be the last. I don't get the family dynamics since you said it was your bil, yet you want the xbox to stay at your mom's house. Is he married to your sister? I ask because if he is your dh's brother, he should have had a serious talk with him. At 24, he is more than old enough to keep his mouth under control. My sons are 23 and 19 and can get rowdy during their games, but they know to watch their language. My 19 plays xbox live and gets loud with the other players on line. If he can't play nicely in the house, perhaps he should play in the garage.

soulofsunmama
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM
You did great, the school did great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:42 PM

LMAO!  I think it's great you sent him to the principal.  He's 24, not a child I realize that but I hope the whole scene made him feel bad and he learned a lesson.  I can't believe he actually went!   As far as taking the game away, I can see why you did but maybe what happened at school might be enough to get him to tone down?  Idk.  I'm not a gamer, nor is my dh but our son is and while he doesn't get that way and just plays games like Mario, just a few days without his game would probably do the trick and he wouldn't be shouting at it, or at least would make an effort.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:42 PM
I'm talking about the principal punishing a grown man. They can make someone who is not in their school do crap. You are a shitty story teller.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Totally. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Quoting tossed:

I think you and the principal over reacted. The school may have acted shocked to you, but I guarantee this is not the first time this has happened and it will not be the last. I don't get the family dynamics since you said it was your bil, yet you want the xbox to stay at your mom's house. Is he married to your sister? I ask because if he is your dh's brother, he should have had a serious talk with him. At 24, he is more than old enough to keep his mouth under control. My sons are 23 and 19 and can get rowdy during their games, but they know to watch their language. My 19 plays xbox live and gets loud with the other players on line. If he can't play nicely in the house, perhaps he should play in the garage.

I just took it to my moms to get it out of here. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:47 PM

The principal didnt punish him, they made him realize he was wrong and he wanted to apoligize. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm talking about the principal punishing a grown man. They can make someone who is not in their school do crap. You are a shitty story teller.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Totally. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)