Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH thinks it's weird that I......

Posted by   + Show Post

Mix the peanut butter and jelly in a bowl before I make the sandwiches. I have always done this even as a kid. I think it tastes better. I will even eat it out of the bowl like that if I don't feel like eating a sandwich. I have tried that Goober crap and that is just what it was..... crap. I didn't realize this was so abnormal. Is it, though? Does anybody else do this? Or am I the lone person in ALL OF THE WORLD that mixes their peanut butter and jelly together? 

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Replies (71-80):
Duckyteers
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:18 PM
No your not weird. Lots of people do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2aspclboy
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Actually, that makes sense to me, but I don't eat PB&J because don't really care for peanut butter. I do love cream cheese & jelly, though, and mixing the two before putting them on the sandwich sounds like a good idea. I'm going to try it the next time I make myself a cream cheese & jelly sandwich.

Jcouch99
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

When I worked at McAlister"s we had a lot of moms order their kids PB&Js like that. They said they were less messy because the jelly couldn't slip out.

kaycersmom
by Katie on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM

And make one extra dish to wash, no thanks! lol

PinkButterfly66
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM

We used to do this too!  I don't any more tho, I just use LOTS of peanut butter and jelly!

tennisgal
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Never seen someone do that.
I love pb and j, but dh gets the ratio all wrong so i prefer he notever make them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:23 PM

My ex husband did this and I thought he was crazy until I tried it of course. It's not something I do on a regular basis I only do it when I want the PB&J without the bread.

oilfieldwifey03

That's a great idea!

pampire

I've never done it, but I think I'll give it a shot next time and see how I like it.  I think that Goober stuff is silly.  The ratio of PB to J wouldn't be right for me.

mommaponch
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Totally weird

But now I want a big ol' spoonful of pb and j smooshie weirdness

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)