Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH thinks it's weird that I......

Posted by   + Show Post

Mix the peanut butter and jelly in a bowl before I make the sandwiches. I have always done this even as a kid. I think it tastes better. I will even eat it out of the bowl like that if I don't feel like eating a sandwich. I have tried that Goober crap and that is just what it was..... crap. I didn't realize this was so abnormal. Is it, though? Does anybody else do this? Or am I the lone person in ALL OF THE WORLD that mixes their peanut butter and jelly together? 

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Replies (81-90):
Mom2Boys9501
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:27 PM
I used to do it as a kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywifey26
by Krissy on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Cream cheese and jelly??!!

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

Actually, that makes sense to me, but I don't eat PB&J because don't really care for peanut butter. I do love cream cheese & jelly, though, and mixing the two before putting them on the sandwich sounds like a good idea. I'm going to try it the next time I make myself a cream cheese & jelly sandwich.

msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Thats different! Not a bad idea! Lol!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Nope, I think it's weird to waste another dish but that's me I have enough dishes do do anyway.

babybelly25
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Never tried it..... hmmmmm I might have to :)
loveTHEviking
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM

It's not weird :). I caught my 5yo dipping a pb&j in his lemonade.. now THAT is weird lol.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I don't mix it in a bowl-why dirty a dish? But, I always spread the peanut butter, then put the jelly on top of the peanut butter and swirl it together.  Otherwise, I don't like the jam right on the bread-honey is worse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I don't. But I do cut all of my sandwiches in half and everyone seems to think that I am weird for that. It's how my dad cut them for me as a kid and I don't think a sandwich that isn't cut tastes right. My sister is the same way.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM

no but I dnt like pb&j sammies nor do my kids lol we usually have peanutbutter crackers, with ritz crackers an jiff pb lol

armywifey26
by Krissy on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM
1 mom liked this

My DD2 dipped her peaches in ketchup once. I was so grossed out. LOL. She seemed to like it though :/

Quoting loveTHEviking:

It's not weird :). I caught my 5yo dipping a pb&j in his lemonade.. now THAT is weird lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)