Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH thinks it's weird that I......

Posted by   + Show Post

Mix the peanut butter and jelly in a bowl before I make the sandwiches. I have always done this even as a kid. I think it tastes better. I will even eat it out of the bowl like that if I don't feel like eating a sandwich. I have tried that Goober crap and that is just what it was..... crap. I didn't realize this was so abnormal. Is it, though? Does anybody else do this? Or am I the lone person in ALL OF THE WORLD that mixes their peanut butter and jelly together? 

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Replies (91-100):
Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM
That's too much work lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I totally agree with you. I've only tried it once and still gag about it 20 years later. Blech

Quoting areles:

so gross.

but then, i might be the only person on earth who hates peanut butter and jelly. even the thought makes me recoil. so gross, both in taste and texture. who decided those things go together? and on bread, no less!

yuck!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2aspclboy
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:36 PM

LOL, yes. Don't knock it until you've tried it. It's really good.

Quoting armywifey26:

Cream cheese and jelly??!!

Quoting mom2aspclboy:

Actually, that makes sense to me, but I don't eat PB&J because don't really care for peanut butter. I do love cream cheese & jelly, though, and mixing the two before putting them on the sandwich sounds like a good idea. I'm going to try it the next time I make myself a cream cheese & jelly sandwich.

HaloWithHorns78
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I like peanut butter and maple syrup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
behindthebs
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Pb and honey done this way is the BOMB

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM

No, that's just wrong.

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

areles
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM
my mom believes my aversion is due to the fact that they're all she ate while pregnant with me. pb&j and cold milk.

i also HATE milk. disgusts me the same way pb&j does, merely the thought.

so, mom's probably got a point. ;)

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

I totally agree with you. I've only tried it once and still gag about it 20 years later. Blech

Quoting areles:

so gross.

but then, i might be the only person on earth who hates peanut butter and jelly. even the thought makes me recoil. so gross, both in taste and texture. who decided those things go together? and on bread, no less!

yuck!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
loveTHEviking
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Kids do some of the weirdest things lol. My 5yo likes ketchup too. I went to have lunch w/ him at school awhile back & I saw him dip a carrot in bbq sauce lol.

Quoting armywifey26:

My DD2 dipped her peaches in ketchup once. I was so grossed out. LOL. She seemed to like it though :/

Quoting loveTHEviking:

It's not weird :). I caught my 5yo dipping a pb&j in his lemonade.. now THAT is weird lol.

jj4ij
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Peanut butter and Bannana's sometimes with honey... ohhh, I miss that.  I often eat peanut butter and bananna, but not with the honey, gonna try it again soon.  I forgot : )

Quoting TigOlBitties:

Eff that...I grew up on PB&honey. Lol

Sweet0.0Cheeks
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:44 PM

My dad does. He actually microwaves the PB for 15 seconds before mixing in the Jelly so it mixes smooth. I would but I don't like washing dishes enough to use a clean dish just for that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)