Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you become a slave owner?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I was just wondering if slavery were to start up again how many of you would become slave owners.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Replies (261-270):
jbirchard
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:24 PM
No,but it I had the money i would hire a cleaning lady, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know. It depends how normal and civilized it was. If I did I wouldn't mistreat anyone. The only aspect I find horrible about slavery, is how people were treated. If that makes sense.

This difference is willful employment. Like a housekeeper, maid, or butler. They are willingly paid for their services. Slaves are held against their will. If you're looking for "civilized" hire a housekeeper, there is not and never will be anything civilized about forcing someone into slavery.

aponder
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Key word being relatively.

Quoting aponder:

Quoting Anonymous:

Is anyone actually free?

Quoting aponder:

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh calm your tits. Not all slave owners were disrespectful, and abusive to their slaves. By civilized I mean they wouldn't be treated as less than human. Realistically slave owning isn't much different than someone who provides services in turn for room and board. If that were the case than why not?

Quoting heresjohnny:

Really? What the fuck kind of version of "normal and civilized" do you go by? What part of OWNING a person and forcing them to work without pay is normal and civilized? Know what aspect of slavery I find horrible? All of it! End of story.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know. It depends how normal and civilized it was. If I did I wouldn't mistreat anyone. The only aspect I find horrible about slavery, is how people were treated. If that makes sense.

But even the best treated slave wasn't FREE and that is cruel to deny someone their freedom. 

All of us have to adhere to certain laws, but we have relative freedom, we get to choose things like whether we will continue education, wether we will accept employment from a certain person and if mistreated we have the choice to quit or even report someone if the mistreatment is illegal so yes we in the US are relatively free.

I think you just like to argue. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:41 PM
And I think you just proved my point.

Quoting aponder:

Quoting Anonymous:

Key word being relatively.

Quoting aponder:

Quoting Anonymous:

Is anyone actually free?

Quoting aponder:

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh calm your tits. Not all slave owners were disrespectful, and abusive to their slaves. By civilized I mean they wouldn't be treated as less than human. Realistically slave owning isn't much different than someone who provides services in turn for room and board. If that were the case than why not?

Quoting heresjohnny:

Really? What the fuck kind of version of "normal and civilized" do you go by? What part of OWNING a person and forcing them to work without pay is normal and civilized? Know what aspect of slavery I find horrible? All of it! End of story.

Quoting Anonymous:

But even the best treated slave wasn't FREE and that is cruel to deny someone their freedom. 

All of us have to adhere to certain laws, but we have relative freedom, we get to choose things like whether we will continue education, wether we will accept employment from a certain person and if mistreated we have the choice to quit or even report someone if the mistreatment is illegal so yes we in the US are relatively free.

I think you just like to argue. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 53 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:46 PM

All freedom is relative but that doesn't justify slavery anyone who says different is either a racist or has an ego problem

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Where is the hell did this come from?? I don't think my Southern relatives who were farmers were ignorant enough to own slaves!!  ++++You don't OWN people, you own pets!!

LovemyQ
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:49 PM

lol, no. Having a maid would be nice though.

fanci64
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:50 PM

never, why the hell would I EVER want to OWN another person. It was wrong then and it would be even worse now. We have hopefully evolved beyond that as humans.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 54 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Can Jensen Ackles be my slave?
StaceSmith
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:59 PM

No.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN