Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

would you become a slave owner?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I was just wondering if slavery were to start up again how many of you would become slave owners.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Replies (281-290):
Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM

no

supercarp
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Quoting Mashnut3161:

hell no. I am too OCD to let other people work in my house. I just assume do it myself.

Really? That's your reason? Gimme a break.

apollothor
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:14 PM

How could it ever be normal and civilized when it's immoral to enslave someone.

Mommie2Kailen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:24 PM

not at all

Nicky2911
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:29 PM

If I were a wealthy person I would buy as many as I could and treat them like actual people... if slavery starts there will be people who start owning them and I would want to save as many people from those horrible people as possible.

GwenGray
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 1:37 PM

this

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Absolutely not.  Humans do not "own" other humans.  And to try is wrong.

ttcknittingbreastfeedingboy on a swing Gray + Gwen Gray = Edwyn L.T Gray and Alexander J. Watson

JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:10 PM

a sucky reply for a sucky question... sounds abotu right.

i didnt mean to come off like i was attcking you a read a couple pages of replys and couldnt believe what i was reading... that was were my reply came from. it wasnt directed at you... it was more of a general you.

Quoting Anonymous:

When did I give the impression that it was ok ?(scratches head)...oh and you reply sucks.

Quoting JanuaryBaby06:

#1. i dont own a farm, i think of slaves owniong as more of a southern thing.

#2 you act like having slaves is fine... how do you think those people became slaves... do you think they volenteered themselves to be owned by you? 

i would never ever ever own a slave because frankly i wouldnt want anyone to try to make one. live and let live.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:36 PM
Sure, your a cunt and its ok with me. Damn bitch you're funny! ;-)

Quoting mrp88:

Wow. Go to hell bitch, I understood the question perfectly and it is wrong. Just say "im a cunt" its ok.!! :)

Bellarose0212
by Gold Member on Jan. 6, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Will I learn that slaves were in servitude by choice and had the freedom to leave at any time? That is the only thing I could learn that would debunk the comments I made below.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your overdrawn reply only says one thing to me, you need to pick up a book and learn a little more about the history or slavery.

Quoting Bellarose0212:

A person providing services in exchange for room and board is free to leave at any time, free to make decisions about their own body and person, free to do what they like during time off, free to date/marry/have children with whomever they chose, free to change their situation.

A slave is not free to do any of those things, even if the slavemaster is kind to them.

If you choose to have a maid and pay her only in room & board and she is agreed, that is not slavery, that is her choice.

Slavery would be different because she would not have a choice, she would have to serve and obey you and she would not be compensated or have the ability to leave.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh calm your tits. Not all slave owners were disrespectful, and abusive to their slaves. By civilized I mean they wouldn't be treated as less than human. Realistically slave owning isn't much different than someone who provides services in turn for room and board. If that were the case than why not?

Quoting heresjohnny:

Really? What the fuck kind of version of "normal and civilized" do you go by? What part of OWNING a person and forcing them to work without pay is normal and civilized? Know what aspect of slavery I find horrible? All of it! End of story.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know. It depends how normal and civilized it was. If I did I wouldn't mistreat anyone. The only aspect I find horrible about slavery, is how people were treated. If that makes sense.

TheSpankyMonkey
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Hell to the nah. I am biracial Black/White/Asian...I'd be screwed : /

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN