Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I definitely need your opinion on this one!

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, the second picture in the middle row is my dad...the second picture on top is my "uncle", the first picture is me, and all of the other pictures are of my siblings and my neices and nephews. Now, I don't know if you realize by looking at my dad and looking at my siblings and myself...I look pretty different. They all look like my dad, I don't. I look like my uncle, so I've been told my whole life. My mom denies there ever being anything between them (her and my dads brother...picture on the top right with my daughter)...My uncle just recently came to visit and it was the first time I have seen him in like 20 years (I'm 24 now). Everyone!!!!!....says he HAS to be my dad!! I don't think my mom nor my uncle would tell me if he was...what do you think of the comparisons??

My dad is Indian, Apache, and I am the only one without the dark skin, dark eyes, and dark hair.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Family genetics dear

Quoting _OcToBeRbAbY_:

Okay, the second picture in the middle row is my dad...the second picture on top is my "uncle", the first picture is me, and all of the other pictures are of my siblings and my neices and nephews. Now, I don't know if you realize by looking at my dad and looking at my siblings and myself...I look pretty different. They all look like my dad, I don't. I look like my uncle, so I've been told my whole life. My mom denies there ever being anything between them (her and my dads brother...picture on the top right with my daughter)...My uncle just recently came to visit and it was the first time I have seen him in like 20 years (I'm 24 now). Everyone!!!!!....says he HAS to be my dad!! I don't think my mom nor my uncle would tell me if he was...what do you think of the comparisons??

My dad is Indian, Apache, and I am the only one without the dark skin, dark eyes, and dark hair.
mybabytristan
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM
So are you suppossed to look like the guy with the beard? Is he the uncle or the dad?
MichelleSw
by CoolStory on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I mean it is possible to look like your uncle and be your dad's kid. Just ask if it's a possibility

vinalex0581
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:06 PM

you're 24, at this point in your life, what difference does it make?

the guy who's been there most of your life, who's loved you and guided you through life is your father--blood or not

Quoting _OcToBeRbAbY_:

Yeah, but me being the only one which even favors him? I know family, genetics, all that can factor into this but I still have my doubts.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just because you look like your uncle doesn't mean he is your real dad. He is related to you so the possibilty you look like him is there.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

fraujones
by Mommytron on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Your dad and your uncle have the same parents, right? So you are displaying genetic traits passed down from your grandparents. 

My youngest daughter looks more like my sister than me, but I gave birth to that baby ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM

My two year old looks like his dads brother. NOTHING has ever happened. We don't even live in the same town. It is all genetics.

vinalex0581
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:07 PM

i agree

Quoting goddess99:

It's just family genetics.

vinalex0581
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:08 PM

i agree

Quoting Anonymous:

Just because you look like your uncle doesn't mean he is your real dad. He is related to you so the possibilty you look like him is there.

_OcToBeRbAbY_
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:08 PM
That's just it, my dad just got back in my life a few years ago and was MIA for nearly 15 years and I've seen him only a handful of times since. And it honestly wouldn't bother me seeing as I don't really know either of them but I was bored and wanted to know outsiders opinions.

Quoting vinalex0581:

you're 24, at this point in your life, what difference does it make?

the guy who's been there most of your life, who's loved you and guided you through life is your father--blood or not

Quoting _OcToBeRbAbY_:

Yeah, but me being the only one which even favors him? I know family, genetics, all that can factor into this but I still have my doubts.

Quoting Anonymous:

Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:08 PM

genetics can be strange that way. My sister has a different bio dad than my brother and i, but i look more like my sister than my brother. I look more like my aunt than my mom. 

Recently i my grandfather past away and i was going through old pictures of him and making a photo collage. It wasnt until i had all these pictures that i realized that my cousin (my AUNT'S son) looks EXACTLY like my uncle (my aunt's brother) and my other female cousin (from a different uncle) looks exactly like my aunt, not her dad! 

sometimes it is just the way genetics line up. they can be strange. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN