Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I definitely need your opinion on this one!

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, the second picture in the middle row is my dad...the second picture on top is my "uncle", the first picture is me, and all of the other pictures are of my siblings and my neices and nephews. Now, I don't know if you realize by looking at my dad and looking at my siblings and myself...I look pretty different. They all look like my dad, I don't. I look like my uncle, so I've been told my whole life. My mom denies there ever being anything between them (her and my dads brother...picture on the top right with my daughter)...My uncle just recently came to visit and it was the first time I have seen him in like 20 years (I'm 24 now). Everyone!!!!!....says he HAS to be my dad!! I don't think my mom nor my uncle would tell me if he was...what do you think of the comparisons??

My dad is Indian, Apache, and I am the only one without the dark skin, dark eyes, and dark hair.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Replies (41-50):
karraselle
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Oh please, he's your dad's brother. There is a genetic connection and it is entirely possible for you to look like him without him being your father. My neice looks exactly like me and I know for a fact that I'm not her mother! Don't worry about it.

vinalex0581
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:20 PM

oh. ok. i gotcha now.

that's a tough one.

well you're 24 years old.......i would think that by now you're mom would stop lying to you and start telling you the truth.

she should tell you if your uncle is your dad.

Quoting _OcToBeRbAbY_:

Yes, that's what it said lol. My mom took us away from that entire family when we were very young. I got in touch with my dad around time for my graduation and just got in contact with my uncle around a month ago and he came to visit for Christmas. My dad and my uncle both live two states away still.

Quoting vinalex0581:

ok, i'm gettind confused. lol!!
i thought in your OP you mentioned your uncle coming back into your life after 20 years.

Quoting _OcToBeRbAbY_:

That's just it, my dad just got back in my life a few years ago and was MIA for nearly 15 years and I've seen him only a handful of times since. And it honestly wouldn't bother me seeing as I don't really know either of them but I was bored and wanted to know outsiders opinions.

Quoting vinalex0581:

you're 24, at this point in your life, what difference does it make?

the guy who's been there most of your life, who's loved you and guided you through life is your father--blood or not

Quoting _OcToBeRbAbY_:

Yeah, but me being the only one which even favors him? I know family, genetics, all that can factor into this but I still have my doubts.

Quoting Anonymous:

Just because you look like your uncle doesn't mean he is your real dad. He is related to you so the possibilty you look like him is there.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

_OcToBeRbAbY_
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
True, just makes me wonder lol. Wouldn't be upset if I found out he wasn't my real dad but as you can tell he marks his kids with the dark skin, hair, and eyes. I wish I could have at least inherited the skin and hair, lol.

Quoting aponder:

It is quite possible for you to look like your uncle without  your mom fooling around, your dad and him share their parents dna and you could have just gotten a different set of genes.  My daughter has my brother in laws forhead and mouth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:23 PM

My oldest looks so much like my younger brother was when he was little, it's nuts. Genetics.....

Junip1977
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Who is the baby in your Uncle's arms in the top picture??  In my opinion, you look like that baby and your uncle.  These are hard pictures to compare though as they are small. 

_OcToBeRbAbY_
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM
That would be my beautiful little princess he is holding(:

Quoting Junip1977:

Who is the baby in your Uncle's arms in the top picture??  In my opinion, you look like that baby and your uncle.  These are hard pictures to compare though as they are small. 

lowencope
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM
If he's ur uncle, u could still look like him if you're related correct ? What kind or uncle?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Beauty91805
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
You have your dads ears, nose, possibly eye shape.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Well from what I see, the top left (you) and the pic next to it (your uncle) you do look just alike to me. With that said, it is very possible to look like your uncle without your mom having an affair with him. It's all genetics.

Jers.
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Two brothers - a brunette and a redhead.  The redhead marries a blonde and she gives birth to a brunette child.  Ten years later, the brunette marries a brunette and they have a red-haired child.  No they never cheated - Genetics are just a funny thing! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN