Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I give up!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I cannot to it all. I wish the sahm and breastfeeding bashers truly knew how hard it actually is! Your life consists of being a maid to your children and husband, a cook for your family and any potluck/event you or your dh is invited to, a teacher to your children,the food sorce so when baby is hungry you can't just prop up or hand them a bottle you have to stop whatever your doing to make sure your baby is happy, your job is 24/7 with no sick days or vacation, your needs and wants come dead last to make sure your dh and children are happy, 99% of the time your are never alone to have quite time, you have to deal with all the grocery shopping with the kids, the bills, all the Dr appointments, school events and meetings, if your in school your homework comes after everything including your sanity, any problems or stress falls on you because you are the go to person, you never get good sleeping because someone always needs something from you, your dh will be a lazy ass when home because "he works and you don't " . I just give up on trying to better myself. I can't do everything for everyone else and still have time to work on losing weight, go to school to get a career, and keep my sanity. Every ounce of me goes to every one else and I get forgotten about.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
wineisfine
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Welcome to the club, we are all going through it....some just handle it better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:28 PM
2 moms liked this
You made the choice to bf and to stay home.

I'm a SAHM and I am no maid. I don't do it all. Fuck that shit. I'm part of a team.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM
I get it. While you sound like you have hit rock bottom I haven't. I had surgery Monday and dh has had to take over a lot. He went back to work today and told me he was amazed I was sane. He finally found out what it was like to be me. You need a break momma.
mary841108
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM

well i know its tough but its what we do. My kids are in school full time and the husband works full time so i pretty much have the house to myself during the day and i'm able to get everything done. But I am the type of woman that lives for my family and making them happy and making sure they have everything so i never complained about it. it gets easier as the kids get older. hang in there

Cleaning tips, baking recipes, dinner recipes, kids crafts, crafts for the bored mama and more at:

http://theimperfectstepfordwife.wordpress.com/

motherinNH
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear you, I am in the same boat except for the breast feeding, my youngest is 4. You forgot the secretary for social events, party planner. Oh yea... And social media police for the 15 year old. Homework checker...sucks for the High Schooler as they are learning stuff I have NO CLUE about. Plus my husband is gone 80% of the time for work. He tried to sell me stay in 5 star hotels, traveling all over the world is hard!

MiniMax
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Wow, umm this has successfully scared the s&!t out of me!! I am preg and a house wife currently and planning to bf our child.... Now I just feel like running as fast as I can for the hills!! :-) I'm just kidding!! I know each persons situation is different I wish you the best of luck. Truly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Oh normally I can handle it but when Dh bitches at me for not picking up his mess it just puts me in a really bad mood.

Quoting wineisfine:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM
If you have help and support you can handle it. I just have a lazy ass dh so it makes things twice as hard.

Quoting MiniMax:

Wow, umm this has successfully scared the s&!t out of me!! I am preg and a house wife currently and planning to bf our child.... Now I just feel like running as fast as I can for the hills!! :-) I'm just kidding!! I know each persons situation is different I wish you the best of luck. Truly.

wineisfine
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Stop being a victim, handle it like a woman.

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh normally I can handle it but when Dh bitches at me for not picking up his mess it just puts me in a really bad mood.

Quoting wineisfine:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I'm not sure what this has to do with bashers. All of this is stuff you put on yourself. I get stressed about all the work that comes with being a mom and housewife, but I find ways to lessen that stress. Don't be a maid to your children and husband, they can pull their weight too. Order out or go out to dinner from time to time to get a break. Have "make your own sandwich for dinner" night. If your husband can't accommodate giving you a break or "day off" then that is something you married into, not everyone does.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)