Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I give up!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I cannot to it all. I wish the sahm and breastfeeding bashers truly knew how hard it actually is! Your life consists of being a maid to your children and husband, a cook for your family and any potluck/event you or your dh is invited to, a teacher to your children,the food sorce so when baby is hungry you can't just prop up or hand them a bottle you have to stop whatever your doing to make sure your baby is happy, your job is 24/7 with no sick days or vacation, your needs and wants come dead last to make sure your dh and children are happy, 99% of the time your are never alone to have quite time, you have to deal with all the grocery shopping with the kids, the bills, all the Dr appointments, school events and meetings, if your in school your homework comes after everything including your sanity, any problems or stress falls on you because you are the go to person, you never get good sleeping because someone always needs something from you, your dh will be a lazy ass when home because "he works and you don't " . I just give up on trying to better myself. I can't do everything for everyone else and still have time to work on losing weight, go to school to get a career, and keep my sanity. Every ounce of me goes to every one else and I get forgotten about.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Boo fucking hoo!

AylinsMom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I'm a sahm and you need to find a way to get a break. My advice: try volunteering. 1) It gets you out of the house 2) adds a reference to your resume 3) keeps you in touch with the working world. Tell your husband: I'm volunteering for a few hours a week. Here is a list of things that need done while I'm gone. You need to do this ! I dont know if you can afford part-time child care but if you can put your child in pre-school for a few hours a week that would be good. If not...then volunteer when your husband is not working. I'm doing it :)

Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:49 PM

deep breaths Mama!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:49 PM

jealous much?

Quoting Anonymous:

Boo fucking hoo!

winkyloafer
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I'm a stay-at-home, breastfeeding first-timer. I have a good gist of it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep you know everything going on in my life.

Quoting winkyloafer:

...dude, it isn't all that bad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Of what?

Quoting Anonymous:

jealous much?

Quoting Anonymous:

Boo fucking hoo!

AylinsMom
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:51 PM

are you married to my husband ? lol

Quoting Jcouch99:

My DH can be pretty lazy too. We're talking leaving wrappers about, not paying enough attention to DD while I'm cooking/cleaning. He just needs reminding sometimes that I'm his wife and partner, not his maid. We're pretty good about talking thing out and working together. I got extra lucky with him.

winkyloafer
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:51 PM
You've heard worse.

Quoting Anonymous:

as if you know her life............I completely understand her post. What a horrible thing to say to someone.

Quoting winkyloafer:

...dude, it isn't all that bad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:52 PM

lol...I'm so sure you are.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of what?

Quoting Anonymous:

jealous much?

Quoting Anonymous:

Boo fucking hoo!

Baybeelove88
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I knew that SOB had another wife!!!!! Lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

this is an issue for me as well, and i am constantly amazed that being married can be more frustrating and harder than being a single mom. 

yes, yes, he works. wonderful. thats great. how about doing some dishes and helping pick stuff up in the evening after the kids are in bed? oh, sorry, you're too busy playing COD? great, nevermind then i will just do all the dishes from the big yummy meal i made but can't eat because anything i eat after 4 pm makes me puke. 

oh and thanks for NOT picking up all the toys on the floor, no problem, i will do that too, and then all that bending over will result in? you guessed it, more puking!

somehow, when dh is gone for school (2 months every year) i am broke as fuck but eveything runs smoothly. the kids are less whiney, the house is cleaner, we eat healthier. and i am not frustrated because the only other adult in the house doesn't help with fuck all other than paying bills.

so in essence, i feel your pain.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN