Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which would you prefer?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM
  • 11 Replies
A man who goes to work while you stay home with the child/children or

A man who stays at home with the child/children while you go to work?

Personally, I would prefer to be the one working ONLY because I know I can hold down a job.

ETA; I would PREFER to have a good man who works just as hard as I do to take care of the family. But since I don't have that option I stuck with the latter.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:37 PM
As long as money is coming in, I don't care. Though I prefer both working
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
audreesmama
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Both working--why do you need a SAH M or D? Why would you want to be with someone who may not be able to provide should you need him to, hence why you say YOU can hold down a job?

armywifey26
by Krissy on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I prefer whichever keeps income coming in and keeps the kids safe and well taken care of. 

3earthangels
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
When I was married both of us were SAHP at least a year. It worked both ways. However I prefer working. Being a nurse is as much a part of me as being a mother. I can't live without it and love it. Plus, I'm not the homemaker type lol.
_OcToBeRbAbY_
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:40 PM
It's a complicating situation.

Quoting audreesmama:

Both working--why do you need a SAH M or D? Why would you want to be with someone who may not be able to provide should you need him to, hence why you say YOU can hold down a job?

audreesmama
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:40 PM

I'm sorry :(. 

Quoting _OcToBeRbAbY_:

Quoting audreesmama:

MonkeyMommyNJ
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM

dh is a sahd.. i work.. and he fully supports me at home. so i prefer it this way. I also know i can make more then he can .. and can def hold down a job.. him not so much.. but he is a great dad and husband.. and i like him at home!

_OcToBeRbAbY_
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you but it's something I'm working on(:

Quoting audreesmama:

I'm sorry :(. 

Quoting _OcToBeRbAbY_:

Quoting audreesmama:

mary841108
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:42 PM

the first one. we are very much into traditional gender roles in our home. we are both very old fashioned by todays standards, since my kids are both in school now i am a housewife and i take care of the home/errands. i wouldnt have it any other way, i enjoy holding down the fort.

Cleaning tips, baking recipes, dinner recipes, kids crafts, crafts for the bored mama and more at:

http://theimperfectstepfordwife.wordpress.com/

SB2217
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:43 PM
I like being a SAHM. DH brings in enough income that I don't need to work and we live well. Our kids are very young now but when they are older and go to school full time I'll probably get a part time job or go to school. I can't imagine being at home without kids or anything to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured