Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is Everyone so pissed off about Food Stamps but Not Healthcare?

Posted by   + Show Post

how come everyone gets so pissy about food stamps but not pissy about people receiving FREE healthcare? I don't care the peolple who don't work get free food. Doesn't bother me one bit. What does bother me is that my husband works his ass of and we pay out the ass for healthcare each month and then on top of that each year and then each month for my prescribtions. But people who don't work, EVERY damn medical thing for free. 

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Replies (71-74):
blazenangel5
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:50 PM
The guidelines to get medicade etc are stricter than that of foodstamps. You have to be pregnant, a child, disabled or very poor to get it. I work full time and my husband works full time, our kids get medicade because his work doesn't offer insurance and mine is outrageous. I dont feel we are milking the system as we pay into it..both of us and my pride will never get in the way of my.kids health. My dh and I don't have insurance though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:50 PM
See if healthcare is cheaper at your job then.

One of my friends get an incentive through her job for not having her health insurance through them. Her husband's insurance is better anyway.
Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I'm pissed about both!

T-HoneyLuv
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:02 PM
I will agree with your last statement. The whole system needs to be overhauled. We need to stop those abusing the system, stop the insurance companies who are raping us with the astronomical prescription prices, hold hospitals and Drs accountable for fraud and try and provide affordable healthcare for us citizens. I wasn't speaking directly at you and Wkukid as clearly you are not saying Medicaid should not be available. I probably did assume that initially, but this is a subject that is particularly frustrating for me. No hard feelings.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

I'm not judgemental. You assumed I or the poster below me was a welfare basher looking down on the poor. I've been on the full system and now all we have is Medicaid for the reason previously stated. You have copays, so clearly yours isn't free. However, yes Medicaid is a free ride for many.

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

Calm down. Thank you for the compliment as I am an AMAZINGLY AWESOME piece of work. You sound awfully judgemental yourself. I was making a point but clearly your hostility has blinded you from seeing that. The whole point was that most people " don't all have money like that ". Medicaid is not just a free ride. We have co pays for my son and some of his prescriptions are not covered at all.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Lmfao you are a piece of work

Who says I've got money all like that?

There needs to be some type of repayment. It should not just be free.

Oh and BTW judgemental one, my dd has medicaid because my job doesn't offer medical, I get to be one of those uninsured because I make too much and still paying the "tax" for not having it. Ya know why? So that the shit can stay free. It shouldn't be free. Nothing should be free.

Quoting T-HoneyLuv:

It is very easy to say that but would you still be so adament if you had a child that wracked up millions of dollars in medical bills? What should happen in a case like that? Should the child die because the parents have NO way to pay that kind of money? I guarantee you that you would be the FIRST one in line for Medicaid to get your child the care they need to save their life. Most of us do not have millions of dollars laying around in our bank accounts.

Quoting Lizard_Lina:

Just because it needs repeating

Quoting wkukid:

Honestly, I don't think anyone should get anything for free. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)