Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am pathetic!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I feel pathetic.  I got an eliptical on Jan 1, used it for the first time today, and after 10 minutes thought I was going to die!  My heart rate was just over 140, I was dripping with sweat, my left knee, back, and feet were killing me.  I originally wanted to work out for an hour, once I got started I decided to shoot for 30 minutes, I ended up stopping once I hit 1 mile (10 minutes).  I guess I can always add another mile later on today.  It can only get easier, right?  I just hate myself for getting so out of shape that I can't do 10 flippin minutes of exercise!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mom_dl6
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Don't feel that way your just starting it's going to be hard just start slow(3 to 5 min) and after a week it will get where you can go for longer at a time.....Good luck !

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM
That is normal! Good job mama! Keep it up!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM

As long as you get your heart rate up and then do little exercises, like lifting light weights/lunges/squats you're doing awesome.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM

You made a good start, which is better than most people.

Master_Debater
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Agree with 1st poster. At least your doing it, right? Just don't give up, you'll make it eventually!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mantyangel
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Just aim for a little further each time.  It will get better and easier :)  Good Luck.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Don't give up!  It takes time to get into the habit of exercise.  Do 10 minutes a couple times a day for the first week, and build up to 15 and 20 minutes at a time, so on and so on.  

WhitleyLyles
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM

keep using it

you will improve pretty quick if you are consistent with it. I would love to have an elliptical!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)