Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you secretly racist?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

i always wondered what other ethnicitys said behind close doors in their homes about other races.. ever anything racial? do you secretly not like one perticular race? if so , why?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Replies (51-60):
caito
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM

No. There's no secret KKK rallies going on in my house.

Ali5683
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:01 PM
3 moms liked this

I am. I'll admit it. Not that I'm proud of it but it's just based on my experience. I'm racist against mexicans. I grew up with those who were dirty, disrespectful moochers who came here illegally to cat call women as they walk down the street, spread filth everywhere and create gangs. I grew up on the east side of Salt Lake City. On the west side of SLC are the dirty mexicans. Some were in my school unfortunately and the girls were always the sluttiest girls in school, the boys were always the digusting hound dogs looking for sex and drugs. I've just had mostly negative experiences with mexicans. So, I'm now racist against them. I have little to no respect for them and think they're language is the ugliest language out there. I can't stand hearing spanish.

Now, before I get completely bashed. I do know that not all of one race is disgusting or full of moochers. I know it's the bad ones that ruin it for the good ones. I logically get that. I graduated high school 12 years ago and since then I have worked with some wonderful mexican people. Not very many. But those I have worked with in my field have been great.

AlwaysKISA
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:01 PM
I know people are, even if they say they aren't. Not everyone, of course. Whenever I get into an argument with someone the first thing they say is that I'm just "a stupid little white girl".
Lol I'm not even white, but I look it.
Anyways....yea, some people are racist whether or not they admit it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissMagical
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I can honestly say that I am not a racist person at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Dee0886:

EVERYONE IS!!!!!
Omfg it's NOT about being racist. Anyone and everyone has something to say about races different from their own bc it's not familiar. People aren't necessarily afraid of what's different but they question it and make statements about it and a lot of the time it comes out harsh or ignorant. Doesn't have to do with being racist....

there is a difference between, sterotyping, making racial jokes, and being racist. curiousty about anothers race and lifestyle is not being racist , a racist is a hate for another ethnicity, or avioding contact with another ethnicity, extreme things like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Would this be a bad time for a racist joke?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Only secret to some to others it's way out in the open.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:02 PM
No
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Racist is defined as a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others...so No! I don't think any race is above another.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Actually, this post IS about racism. That is what she asked about. And no, not everyone is racist. You can ask questions that aren't ignorant or harsh. You shouldn't make statements about other races if you don't know anything about it.

Quoting Dee0886:

EVERYONE IS!!!!!

Omfg it's NOT about being racist. Anyone and everyone has something to say about races different from their own bc it's not familiar. People aren't necessarily afraid of what's different but they question it and make statements about it and a lot of the time it comes out harsh or ignorant. Doesn't have to do with being racist....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)