Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you secretly racist?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

i always wondered what other ethnicitys said behind close doors in their homes about other races.. ever anything racial? do you secretly not like one perticular race? if so , why?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Replies (61-70):
Bauxite-17
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM
2 moms liked this

No, I don't hate anyone secretly....I hate everyone openly and equally. I'm all about equality ;)

kaiser10123
3 moms liked this
Can't bash for honesty and bravery. Good luck!

Quoting Ali5683:

I am. I'll admit it. Not that I'm proud of it but it's just based on my experience. I'm racist against mexicans. I grew up with those who were dirty, disrespectful moochers who came here illegally to cat call women as they walk down the street, spread filth everywhere and create gangs. I grew up on the east side of Salt Lake City. On the west side of SLC are the dirty mexicans. Some were in my school unfortunately and the girls were always the sluttiest girls in school, the boys were always the digusting hound dogs looking for sex and drugs. I've just had mostly negative experiences with mexicans. So, I'm now racist against them. I have little to no respect for them and think they're language is the ugliest language out there. I can't stand hearing spanish.

Now, before I get completely bashed. I do know that not all of one race is disgusting or full of moochers. I know it's the bad ones that ruin it for the good ones. I logically get that. I graduated high school 12 years ago and since then I have worked with some wonderful mexican people. Not very many. But those I have worked with in my field have been great.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hismommy2010

Nope. Not racist at all. Skin color and family background doesn't make a difference to me. your personality and character are the MOST important.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM
this

Quoting wumbo:

I don't find Asian men attractive, is that racist?

MommeeTo4
by &1more on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
My cousin married a Mexican girl, and while she was pregnant I said I bet she will have a ton of hair bc most Mexican babies do.

His wife laughed and said yep, our babies are always furry. Lol

Quoting ChelseySpelsey:

I make slurs about different races all the time. I was laughing really hard about the ear piercing comment in another thread that went along the lines of "only Mexicans pierce their little girls ears that young" that might not be true but I've only ever SEEN Mexican parents OBSESS over getting their daughters ears pierced, so it rang true to me, in a way.

I laugh at black jokes all the time - Sad thing is, I'm a very white girl who was raised by a black family.

Honestly I believe everyone is guilty of it at some point whether they admit it or not.

ETA: maybe not racism but definitely making the remarks or having the thoughts that could be called 'racist'
Wifeyy2Lette
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:06 PM
I love everyone. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

im not racist i dislike everyone equally.

emptyreliquary
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

No. The only thing I have ever said slightly racist is that I would never date a mexican man. This is because my first husband was mexican, and so was my sister's. They were both abusive, and horrible husbands. She and I both agree that now we just can't see someone who is mexican and feel any sort of attraction. Neither of us tried to get this mindset but that's how it is. That being said, I try to keep an open mind about everyone of any race. Good and bad come in all colors. 

Hislovebug
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Ugh. I'm Puerto Rican and I hate when other Puerto Ricans hate Dominicans and Cubans and when they hate us. I associate better with Dominicans and Cubans then Mexicans. If someone confuses me to be Cuban or Dominican I'm fine with that bc we are all from the Caribbean and our cultures are very much alike. We are of Spanish, African and Taino blood. So why hate on each other. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. But I dated a Puerto Rican who didn't like Dominicans or Cubans. A family member of his would refer toDominicans as the "n" word. Needless to say that relationship didn't last long. :/ My Asian DH isn't racist.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:12 PM
1 mom liked this

My sister in law once whispered in my ear a joke that was something like, "What do you call someone campaigning door to door for Obama?" "A ni**er knocker." First, I don't really get the joke. Second, I hated how her and her dad laughed like it was hella funny afterwards. Third that was the first time I realized they were racists who don't claim racism. They say they aren't racist but they have a whole stockpile of slurs....so.....whats that about?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)