Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are you secretly racist?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

i always wondered what other ethnicitys said behind close doors in their homes about other races.. ever anything racial? do you secretly not like one perticular race? if so , why?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Replies (731-740):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 90 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:15 PM

No, I don't think so. I don't go to church or read the bible.

Quoting viv212:

Yeah that gets on my nerves too but I'm ashamed I never really learned Spanish.

Do you think you fit the stereotype of a racist bible-thumping mid-westener? Im not trying to be a jerk. I'm just amazed at how our worlds are complete opposites.

I have a friend and before we met, we were not fond of each other because of the stereotypes we viewed each other by. She is now one of my closest friends. We always make fun of each other, that I'm a ghetto Mexican and she's a naive white girl lol So really I'm not being a jerk. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes im from the midwest. And it's not like I hate all mexicans, just the one's that don't know how to speak english.

Quoting viv212:

Interesting. It's crazy to me to hear that white people don't like us Mexicans. I'm from So Cal and over here, we're the majority and you would be the minority. I take it that this is the opposite from where you live? Are you from the mid-west?

Quoting Anonymous:

yes i am

Quoting viv212:

Are you white?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't like blacks or mexicans

Jeanetts
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM
No
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sparky1006
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 3:24 PM

NO!!!

I'm not a racist,people are people no matter the color.

You would be surprized at all colors of people.They treat you differntly.They treat you as they want to be treated.You have some gangsters they think they are all cool to do something big,than others.Look at that New York policeman look what he did for a homeless man he didn't even know.Bought him a pair of boots,from his own money!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 208 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:45 PM
I wasn't racist until I moved to this town. Now I'm sad to say I do hold race as an issue most of the time in this 98% black town.
428pm
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:50 PM

I don't know if I'm racist, but I do get annoyed by the Pakastani ladies in my building who talk at the same volume of a jet engine.  I have noticed certain races are rude on the bus too.  

It is likely just that their culture has a different set of etiquette, however I do believe if you move to Canada you should try and use Canadian manners.  IE talk in your indoor voice, don't push, don't yell a convo across the bus or across people's head in the elevator.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 209 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 4:52 PM

LOL, My famaily says the N word a lot ( as in my mom/dad/sisters etc. we say it too. But not about "black" people in general, about idiotic, ghetto, assholes. Same with hodgie ( arabs) But that has a military rasoning. Wetback comes out at times.... But I have friends of all ethnicities!

Medusa686
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:16 PM

I'm not a racist. I grew up in the Bronx NY and was exposed to every race imaginable during the 1980's and I am grateful for it. 

Kaya529
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 5:18 PM
No and I hate when other white people say that crap when they think no one of that race is around. Just because I am the same color does not mean I am okay with it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tessamalk
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Always been a fan myself; I got to see it last spring in a local production. A friend of mine got to play Trekkie!

Quoting extranopickle:

My favorite musical ever! It was funny to see it live and see that some people obviously had not read anything about it before buying their ticket!

Quoting tessamalk:

I'll just leave this here.

Mamaofthree66
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:08 PM

. If someone is honest, smart, polite, why should the color of skin matter? Or ethnicity?

Rude, abusive, uneducated people come in every color possible. 

Isn't America "the Melting Pot"?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN