Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you trust your dh with the kids? EDT

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:01 PM
  • 92 Replies

EDT: hmm maybe i should have worded the tittle different.. dont get me wrong i 100% trust dh with ds at all times he cares for him beautifully.. maybe i should have said "things you have to remind dh of when watching the kids".. also.. dh has yet to forget anything other then the snacks as meals thing.. idk i think i have OCD with some things

Ok dh is a wonderful father.. every thing i can ask for! BUT there are 3 things that i have to call every day to check up on.. i know my husband .. and i know what he is capable of.. and i have to be sure of these 3 things every day!

1.) did dh get dropped off and picked up from school ON TIME - dh is a heavy sleeper and has no concept of tim

2.) did he feed ds "real" food. - Dh tends to think chips and slim jims are a healthy diet and sufficient for a meal

3.) did he brush ds teeth before school!

other then those hes a perfect dad.. but i feel like if i dont check up on him daily and remind him daily.. then they wont get done

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I trust DH to a certain extent with DD.  I've been the main caregiver to DD from birth and remain so even after going back to work full-time, so we have a routine.  I sometimes worry because DH will let her eat whatever she wants (and she'll milk it for all it's worth and live off of juice boxes, cake, cookies and crap if she can) and will let her take out every single toy and toy-like item she can get her hands on and not clean it up.  It bothers the crap out of me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Of course I trust DH with the kids. But I have girls, he doesn't really do anything. He just nods his head and says okay. They are pretty self sufficient, they know what to eat, when to brush their teeth and what time school starts.

brittany208
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM
2 moms liked this

of course. he might not do everything exactly the way I would, but if I wouldnt have married him if he wasnt a grown-up man fully capable of taking care of his own child.

sam12796
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes 100% no need to check up on him.

MrsFlores_2006
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM

i trust him completely. he knows how to take care of our children.

Master_Debater
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM
This. I wouldn't have married him, let alone have with him if I couldn't.

Quoting sam12796:

Yes 100% no need to check up on him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiesLiesLies
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:08 PM
I would have married or had a child with someone who was incapable of caring for that child.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ber-Lynn
by Count Me In on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Yes I do. I don't have to check up on him.
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Why would I be with a man I didn't trust to leave alone with my kids?? Yes I can leave for a few days and know my husband can take care of things. I don't have to call and remind him to do anything.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Yes. I trust him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN