Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Barbie's Dream House has NOTHING on this!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this

My husband and I have been looking of schematics to build our boys a playhouse in the backyard. We don't want one that is overly masculine, nor do we want one that is overly feminine. We want something that we can build together (with the help of my dad who is a master carpenter and welder. So anything we chose to do, I'm secure because I know my dad can do it.) We want to get it done for Valentines day for the kids. If we can't then we will have to push it to Easter.

In any case, we have been researhing the schematics and looking at different types of possibilies and we found this one online. I looked at my husband and told him that when *I* get a house like this, THEN the boys can have a play house like this! lol, but for now, we are scaling down! This is pretty cool though! I showed my dad and he said that we can add a slide and a swing set if we wanted to! lol. My husband says we should go for it. HECK NO! That sucker would take up my ENTIRE backyard right now. I don't want to give up my patio/sitting area. We have a little sitting area out back, and I LOVE it! I told him I would think about it, WHEN we find our new home, that is MUCH bigger than the one we are in now. WE are currently in the market looking. So far, nothing is jumping out. =/ I hope we can get a bigger home by May which is my birthday!

Other insane cool playhouses found at this site:

http://www.woodmanor.net/Playhouse-plans.html

(Sorry I don't know how to make it a clicky. Maybe someone who knows can....)

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM

My father in law runs his own construction company and he's going to do one of these for us in the backyard when the kids get a little older. Not quite that big but it's exciting to get to design your own.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd live in that.

Simple-Beauty
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this
How adorable!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Those suckers are soooo expensive when you buy them lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rmfanfgljf
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Shot, I'd add a bigger slide and a swimming pool to that!! It's awesome.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Quoting wkukid:

My father in law runs his own construction company and he's going to do one of these for us in the backyard when the kids get a little older. Not quite that big but it's exciting to get to design your own.

I don't know if I could design my own. So I'm looking at inspiration and telling my dad what I like and what I don't like. Hey, the way I see it is, I have to look at it in my backyard, might as well be something I can stand looking at right! lol.

My kids are still pretty young, but my oldest is already starting to really get into imaginative play and loves being outside.

ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Quoting ColtsFan1912:

I'd live in that.

lol, me too, if it were parent sized! lol. Needs the detatched garage!

Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
That is awesome! I wish I had one of those growing up.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes they are. That's most of the reason why we have decided to build our own.

Quoting skittlebeans88:

Those suckers are soooo expensive when you buy them lol

PitbullPrincess
by Woof on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM

That's bigger than my first two apartments.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)