Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Barbie's Dream House has NOTHING on this!

My husband and I have been looking of schematics to build our boys a playhouse in the backyard. We don't want one that is overly masculine, nor do we want one that is overly feminine. We want something that we can build together (with the help of my dad who is a master carpenter and welder. So anything we chose to do, I'm secure because I know my dad can do it.) We want to get it done for Valentines day for the kids. If we can't then we will have to push it to Easter.

In any case, we have been researhing the schematics and looking at different types of possibilies and we found this one online. I looked at my husband and told him that when *I* get a house like this, THEN the boys can have a play house like this! lol, but for now, we are scaling down! This is pretty cool though! I showed my dad and he said that we can add a slide and a swing set if we wanted to! lol. My husband says we should go for it. HECK NO! That sucker would take up my ENTIRE backyard right now. I don't want to give up my patio/sitting area. We have a little sitting area out back, and I LOVE it! I told him I would think about it, WHEN we find our new home, that is MUCH bigger than the one we are in now. WE are currently in the market looking. So far, nothing is jumping out. =/ I hope we can get a bigger home by May which is my birthday!

Other insane cool playhouses found at this site:

http://www.woodmanor.net/Playhouse-plans.html

(Sorry I don't know how to make it a clicky. Maybe someone who knows can....)

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
ExquisiteMomof2
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM

Quoting rmfanfgljf:

Shot, I'd add a bigger slide and a swimming pool to that!! It's awesome.

lol, that's what I told my husband! I said I want a hosue like that! Just need to add the detached garage, a pool and another slide and I'd be happy! lol.

punchnpie
I wanted to get one of those.
ExquisiteMomof2

Quoting PitbullPrincess:

That's bigger than my first two apartments.

It's friggen huge!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

Vhx
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Awesome!

oDD and Dh intend on building a massive treehouse in the forest at our new house. But it'll be home-built, and probably not look very professional.

I totally want to build a miniature version of the house from Up for my yDD as a playhouse!

ExquisiteMomof2
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Quoting punchnpie:

I wanted to get one of those.

Yeah, I don't like the price tag to come out and buy one. We decided to use my dads skills and pay him to help us build them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:27 PM
That's prettier then our house.
mom_dl6
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:27 PM

that's very cool !

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Badass
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Badass
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ExquisiteMomof2
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:29 PM

We will be building it so that my dad and husband can disassemble it and move it to our new bigger house.

Quoting Vhx:

Awesome!

oDD and Dh intend on building a massive treehouse in the forest at our new house. But it'll be home-built, and probably not look very professional.

I totally want to build a miniature version of the house from Up for my yDD as a playhouse!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN