Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Barbie's Dream House has NOTHING on this!

My husband and I have been looking of schematics to build our boys a playhouse in the backyard. We don't want one that is overly masculine, nor do we want one that is overly feminine. We want something that we can build together (with the help of my dad who is a master carpenter and welder. So anything we chose to do, I'm secure because I know my dad can do it.) We want to get it done for Valentines day for the kids. If we can't then we will have to push it to Easter.

In any case, we have been researhing the schematics and looking at different types of possibilies and we found this one online. I looked at my husband and told him that when *I* get a house like this, THEN the boys can have a play house like this! lol, but for now, we are scaling down! This is pretty cool though! I showed my dad and he said that we can add a slide and a swing set if we wanted to! lol. My husband says we should go for it. HECK NO! That sucker would take up my ENTIRE backyard right now. I don't want to give up my patio/sitting area. We have a little sitting area out back, and I LOVE it! I told him I would think about it, WHEN we find our new home, that is MUCH bigger than the one we are in now. WE are currently in the market looking. So far, nothing is jumping out. =/ I hope we can get a bigger home by May which is my birthday!

Other insane cool playhouses found at this site:

http://www.woodmanor.net/Playhouse-plans.html

(Sorry I don't know how to make it a clicky. Maybe someone who knows can....)

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM
Replies (71-79):
ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Quoting 3mommyandwifey:

Quoting ExquisiteMomof2:

Oh OK that sounds good. That one in the picture is beautiful. You are gonna have 2happy boys

I hope so! I know they will love what ever we build them! Especially my oldest!

AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:01 PM

lol! Me too! Ohhhh, I can't wait! You are making me WAY more excited! lol.

Quoting heavenly1462:

If I could ever afford a playhouse like that I'd play in it too! Provably camp out in it in the summer too! Haha

Quoting ExquisiteMomof2:

Quoting heavenly1462:

That's super awesome! But serious question...why on earth wouldn't you just wait to build it until you move to your new house? Even if it disassembles, it's still one extra thing to move. I hate moving, so I would hate to move that too. Lol it's a sweet playhouse for sure though!

Meh, it's not that big of a deal. We have my husbands three brothers, his two best friends, my dad, his step dad, my guy friend, my step dad, and several others who can and will help us move. It's not really a big deal. I'm not saying we are going to build one THAT big, just thought it was really kind of cool, and if we had a bigger house and had an endless income, I might think about it for the kids. lol. Yeah, that's what I said too! lol. IF my husband makes me a parent sized hosue like this, then the kids can have this! lol. I told my hubs I think I might spend more time in something like that playing with the kids!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Considering the ones on the link when I went to it are nicer then many of the houses I've lived in (okay all of them), I'd love to live in even the playhouses but I am wondering what it would take to scale one of the blueprints...  Of course, you'd have to add plumbing and electrical... Hmmm brain cells are working overtime... plans are SOOOO expensive...  :)

Quoting Anonymous:

eh is ok. since i didnt read the whole post i assumed that she was buying tha tplay house and i was just thinking to myself like damn i'm jealous i want a house like that. i would freaking consider living in that house, play house or not lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Totally not upset.  Was just curious why you would think that.  And, I did not read any of your other replies.  Sorry about that.

Quoting Anonymous:

well i never read the whole post so i'm sorry if i upset you but i already answered that question.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why does she need to be rich?  I look at things all the time and daydream that I'd love to have one.  She never said she was buying it - just that she liked it.  

Quoting Anonymous:

wow are you rich?

ajnmadismommy
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

thats amazing!!!

ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM

lol, I was thinking the same thing! lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Considering the ones on the link when I went to it are nicer then many of the houses I've lived in (okay all of them), I'd love to live in even the playhouses but I am wondering what it would take to scale one of the blueprints...  Of course, you'd have to add plumbing and electrical... Hmmm brain cells are working overtime... plans are SOOOO expensive...  :)

Quoting Anonymous:

eh is ok. since i didnt read the whole post i assumed that she was buying tha tplay house and i was just thinking to myself like damn i'm jealous i want a house like that. i would freaking consider living in that house, play house or not lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Totally not upset.  Was just curious why you would think that.  And, I did not read any of your other replies.  Sorry about that.

Quoting Anonymous:

well i never read the whole post so i'm sorry if i upset you but i already answered that question.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why does she need to be rich?  I look at things all the time and daydream that I'd love to have one.  She never said she was buying it - just that she liked it.  

Quoting Anonymous:

wow are you rich?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:04 PM

haha me to thats why i got jealous at first, shame on me i know lol. anyway yeah i didnt even think that far, i'm super tired right now lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

wow are you rich?

Mama2JoshKatie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM

My kids would LOVE that. I'd probably be jealous of my own children's playhouse. LOL

ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:24 PM

lol, me too!

Quoting Mama2JoshKatie:

My kids would LOVE that. I'd probably be jealous of my own children's playhouse. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)