Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know I have never really prayed.

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM
  • 8 Replies

It's not a good time for this to happen, though I can not think of when a good time would ever be. This is the weekend of my baby shower and I was so happy till my mother called me last night. She told me my Meme (Gma) was admitted into the hospital for her carbon dioxide levels being too high. On top of that she was refusing treatment from the bypass machine. I called my Meme and told her how important it was to me for her to meet her great grandson, like almost trying to guilt her into living. Even with all that she still refused treatment, and this morning was unconscious so they put her into the ICU. I am so afraid now, my son is due on the 28th and my Meme is barely hanging on because she does not want to anymore. She is 68 and that seems so young to me for her to give up on life. I don't want to be upset with her for refusing to live but DAMNIT I kind of am. I love her and she deserves to at least she her great grandson be born. Maybe I am selfish for wanting that I can't help it, I just love her so much and this was suppose to be a happy weekend. :( Now I can't even find myself wanting to do anything but be sad.  

this is Kiley and my unborn son Alexander. 

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:26 PM

HUGS. I hope your baby comes before too long.

CanInTex
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:28 PM
:( can they have a mental health worker speak to her once she is stable?

I'm sorry your family is going through this. I hope she pulls through and hangs on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:29 PM

That is too young.  I'm sorry.

When my Mom was hospitalized and they were saying it was "the end", I went to her every day and made her say, "I shall not die but I shall live and declare the works of God" (From Psalms).

Guess what?  She went home and lived a couple more years. 

Pray!  It can't hurt and can only help.  But you also cannot overcome her will; if she is ready to go, she will go. 

Praying for you right now.

Rhiannon92
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM

I'm sorry :(

My mom died when I was pregnant before getting to see me or meet her first grandchild..She was only 38. I really do know how you feel..I'm not religous but I believe in prayer..Even if it doesn't "work" It has still made me feel better when I was desperate and hurting.

I hope she pulls through and meets your son! Good luck to you mama

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I can testify to you that prayer does work!!! My mom was in ICU for several months with pancreatitis! She had such a bad case of pancreatitis, the Drs. only gave her a 50/50 chance of pulling thru!! She had ppl praying for her all around the world! She was so sick, her kidneys started to fail, and she had to be on a kidney dialysis machine! She puffed up so bad, she didn't even look like my mom any more! Well--the prayers and lots of excellent medical care and she did pull thru!! After a group of friends, my DH and I all said a prayer together, I felt the most calm, peacefulness I'd had since my mom had gotten sick. Within 24 hours of that feeling, the Drs. said my mom was finally getting BETTER instead of worse! I know without any doubt that The Lord sent that calm, peacefulness to me to reassure me that she was going to be alright! My DH and the other ppl who participated in that prayer group ALL told me they felt calm and peacefulness right after the prayer was said. My mom is doing great now!

OP--I am so sorry!! :(  I will be praying for your grandma and for you!! Hang in there!! {{HUGS!!}}

Quoting Rhiannon92:

My mom died when I was pregnant before getting to see me or meet her first grandchild..She was only 38. I really do know how you feel..I'm not religous but I believe in prayer..Even if it doesn't "work" It has still made me feel better when I was desperate and hurting.

mariesmama
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:48 PM

my hubbys grandma is going thru the same thing with her carbon dioxide levels on and off being intubated shes got 14 young great grandkids that will miss her terribly and thats not counting 6 children and idk how many grandkids

Rhiannon92
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I didn't mean to come off negative. I know that prayer can work. It has even been shown in scientific studies. It is a true testament to the power of thought.. by insinuating that it might not work, I just meant that our prayers don't always come true. I never meant to imply that it was useless to pray.

I'm very happy that your mom is okay btw! 

Quoting Anonymous:

I can testify to you that prayer does work!!! My mom was in ICU for several months with pancreatitis! She had such a bad case of pancreatitis, the Drs. only gave her a 50/50 chance of pulling thru!! She had ppl praying for her all around the world! She was so sick, her kidneys started to fail, and she had to be on a kidney dialysis machine! She puffed up so bad, she didn't even look like my mom any more! Well--the prayers and lots of excellent medical care and she did pull thru!! After a group of friends, my DH and I all said a prayer together, I felt the most calm, peacefulness I'd had since my mom had gotten sick. Within 24 hours of that feeling, the Drs. said my mom was finally getting BETTER instead of worse! I know without any doubt that The Lord sent that calm, peacefulness to me to reassure me that she was going to be alright! My DH and the other ppl who participated in that prayer group ALL told me they felt calm and peacefulness right after the prayer was said. My mom is doing great now!

OP--I am so sorry!! :(  I will be praying for your grandma and for you!! Hang in there!! {{HUGS!!}}

Quoting Rhiannon92:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Oh man!! I am so sorry. It is really hard to tell someone's 'tone of voice' so-to-speak on the internet. OK--yes I totally agree that sometimes our prayers don't get answered in the way we had hoped. I know this from praying countless hours for a very dear friend of mine who died from cancer. She was so sweet, kind, loving and cared about others more than herself.  :(  The one thing I was grateful for, is she was able to live long enough to hold her only grandchild! Her granddaughter was born just 2 days prior to her passing. My friend was the most alert those 2 days after her grandbaby was born than she had been in for weeks! She held that grandbaby for hours--only giving her up to her daughter for feedings and diaper changes. Two days later, my dear, sweet friend fell asleep and died peacefully with her mom, stepdad, DD, granddaughter and 2 DS's next to her. This was back in 1999, and I still miss her every day! She had such a positive outlook. She said she was going to BEAT the cancer and live a long, happy, cancer-free life. Whenever I feel down about things, I just remember her and her courage, spunk and positive attitude. I know she is at peace in Heaven and no  longer in pain.

Anyway, again--I am so sorry I 'jumped' all over you. And thank you for your sweet comment about my mom. That was the scariest thing being told your mom who is one of your BEST FRIENDS only has a 50/50 chance of living!! The Drs. even commented her case was the 2nd worst case they had ever seen! The other case the patient did die!! My mom's case took so many unusual twists and turns, that they have her medical case written up in medical journals!! They don't use her name or anything. She is known under a patient # they came up with for her.

Take care!!

Quoting Rhiannon92:

I didn't mean to come off negative. I know that prayer can work. It has even been shown in scientific studies. It is a true testament to the power of thought.. by insinuating that it might not work, I just meant that our prayers don't always come true. I never meant to imply that it was useless to pray.

I'm very happy that your mom is okay btw! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Rhiannon92:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)