Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Children's vs infants Tylenol

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I was thinking about switching my 33lb one year old from infants Tylenol to children's. I am out of the infants Tylenol but have a bottle of liquid children's. I think my oldest was about between 1-2 when I switched over.

Anyways I looked up a dosage guide online. The guide said for his weight to give 5ml which is the same amount that I suppose to give him with infants Tylenol....

So I looked at the bottles and they both have 160mg per 5ml!

Soooo

Is there really not a difference other than the size of the bottle they come in??
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Replies (11-20):
corib4687
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:03 PM
The infants is almost always double the price
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM
I know in kinda pissed that I've been using it for so long!!

Quoting corib4687:

The infants is almost always double the price

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:15 PM
I feel really dumb now....

Ugh!!

Quoting Anonymous:

It's best based on weight. I've always given my son the children's Tylenol. It's the same thing it's made for people who don't call the dr for a proper dose and for those who can't do simple math.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I dot see why...

I mean I can always get a smaller surriange

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it is just the bottle, the way it's dispensed in the infant version makes for easier measuring of smaller dosages

Yea I duno lol, I guess just for people who can't be bothered to actually read the labels lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:45 PM
I probably wouldn't have thought of it if not for my mom! She told me not waste my mommy because when I was little all they had was kids meds. You just had to ask the doctor if you were unsure of the measurement.

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel really dumb now....

Ugh!!

Quoting Anonymous:

It's best based on weight. I've always given my son the children's Tylenol. It's the same thing it's made for people who don't call the dr for a proper dose and for those who can't do simple math.

KeimUNCmomof3
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:46 PM

It's best to wait until your child is two years old and then give the correct dose for the age & weight.

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:48 PM
No there isn't a difference.. They changed the name from infants to children's after all those parents were over dosing
Lilys_mama1222
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:56 PM
If your worried call the Dr and ask.
bshoemaker
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:57 PM

My pedi said the infants version was a waste of money. We switched my son just before a year old. He is only 20lbs and 16 months old but the pedi told us how much to give him.

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM

go the the dr sears website here http://www.askdrsears.com/topics/childhood-illnesses/medicine-cabinet

chose your medicine, and go to the dosing chart. then find your child's weight and the strength of the medicine you have and it will tell you how much to give. these are the best charts I have found.

It really doesn't matter if you use infants or childrens, you just give a different amount depending on which you have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured