Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WOW!! Really moms, would you let your teenager...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies

So I am a member of a yardsale group on facebook, I check it out now and then, well today  I get on there and there's a picture of ariat cowboy boots and under it it reads, "I bought these for my  13 year old forChristmas, he told me they were not the right ones and are ugly,  he wants me to sell them on here so he can buy something that isnt ugly,  he is asking for 120.00!" Now I am sorry,  I don think he should have to keep the boots he didnt like, but to refer to them as ugly, which they werent, and then demand money so that he can buy something that isnt ugly! What is this mother thinking, I would stick them on his feet and make his ass wear them to school or  take him to walmart in them while he shopped with me! What do you ladies think...

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I think that a teen that demands money is a brat.

However, I rarely buy my teens clothing.  I would rather get them a gift card for a gift and allow them to choose their own clothes.  

Her first issue is in the past... obviously she has let him slide on his behavior way too often for him to be that disrespectful.  Secondly, she should allow him to choose his own clothing by his teen years and not try to dress him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Why does she not take them back to the store where she bought them?
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Agreed. Return them, or sell them, and give him nothing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM

that child would be shit outta luck

no money

no boots

(And yes my SD11 pulled a stunt like this-demanding something else in place of an "ugly" present-she lost the present and got nothing in return however I'm sure there's a child out there proudly rocking their monster high hoodie)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:09 PM

As long as she keeps the money, he son doesnt deserve it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Why does she not take them back to the store where she bought them?

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Uh yeah. Sounds like she is raising a spoiled brat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom_dl6
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I'd take them back and spend the money on me then say to him "Well son you're shit outta luck,You should have shown more humbled thanks" Till you can that money goes back to me !

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM

WHAT!! Im a 32 year old mommy and I would have rocked that monster high hoodie..I love that stuff! LOL!

Quoting Tigress22304:

that child would be shit outta luck

no money

no boots

(And yes my SD11 pulled a stunt like this-demanding something else in place of an "ugly" present-she lost the present and got nothing in return however I'm sure there's a child out there proudly rocking their monster high hoodie)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Gotta say, though its a total brat move... I have had a few teens and theres NO WAY im buying ANY sort of clothing, never mind expensive clothing, without knowing EXACTLY what they want. WAAAAAAY to risky! Teens are a different species! Thats in the first chapter of surviving teens....
ajnmadismommy
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I wouldn't give him anything with that nasty attitude

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)