Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am not an IMMIGRANT. I was born HERE. I am an American Citizen.

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM
  • 97 Replies
18 moms liked this

Someone in my past like my great great grandmother or possible great great great grandfather may have been an immigrant in this country, but I AM NOT AN IMMIGRANT. I was born in this country!

Some people claiming we are "all" immigrants are clearly unaware of what the word means.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:14 PM

yea someone got it :)

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:15 PM

wooo hooo two likes, two understand, two got it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Right.

Though some people do use "we are all immigrants" to refer to that fact that most people's family line does not come from people who lived on this land before it was founded.

I don't understand that thinking. If we consider that, then every would technically be immigrants from Africa, where humanity originated.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:17 PM

People simply try to sound smart and almost philosophical.  In the truest sense of the word, you aren't an immigrant.

I, however, was not born here and am a naturalized citizen.  I have a weird background in that my Mother and her siblings were all born citizens but in a different country, along with my grandmother and her siblings.  The immigration laws were a little more lax back then and by sheer default because my great-grandfather was an American citizen, all his children were born American citizens and it extended to his children's children.  I, however, had to apply and was naturalized when I was about 8.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I am sorry but saying "we are all immigrants" is incorrect. I am not an immigrant and technically no I am still not an immigrant.

I am not anything, im not mexican, im not english, japanese, irish, french, IM NOT ONE SINGLE THING.

Therefore I am not an immigrant.

Quoting Anonymous:

Right.

Though some people do use "we are all immigrants" to refer to that fact that most people's family line does not come from people who lived on this land before it was founded.

I don't understand that thinking. If we consider that, then every would technically be immigrants from Africa, where humanity originated.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Troll Cat

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:20 PM

We may be DECENDANTS of immigrants, but we are not ALL immigrants.

Kitschy
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:21 PM

My mother is an immigrant. I know, random.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:22 PM
I really don't care what you consider yourself. I know what an immigrant is, been working with immigration for years. Just explaining some people's rational behind that statement, no matter how twisted and wrong it legally is.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I am sorry but saying "we are all immigrants" is incorrect. I am not an immigrant and technically no I am still not an immigrant.

I am not anything, im not mexican, im not english, japanese, irish, french, IM NOT ONE SINGLE THING.

Therefore I am not an immigrant.

Quoting Anonymous:

Right.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:22 PM

^^^ correct

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)