Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you like one of your children more?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a 2 year old son who I adore and a 5 year old daughter who I love but I like my son more. I want to play with him and cuddle him more. I think it has a lot to do with the ages. My daughter has an attitude a lot of the time and although I correct her when she is rude ect id rather just avoid being around her and play with my son instead. I do feel guilty and I try to play with her as much as I can but it really feels forced. I don't tell her anything mean or make her feel bad this is all just what goes through my head and it makes me feel horrible but I can't help how I feel. Does/ has anyone else felt like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:01 PM
I love both of my kids but I do have a favorite. It makes me feel horrible but it's the truth. My oldest dd has an attitude issue tells me she hates me all the time, doesn't listen, very disrespectful. But my youngest is an amazing kid who loves us, well at least shows it more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Yes, similar to your situation. Only I have teen girls and a preschool age boy. I like him better because he is my little buddy. We do everything together. My girls don't want to do stuff anymore :-( I love them all equally though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Bump
Vhx
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I love them both to death, but they're totally different and at different stages of life, and obviously I like the relationship I've had for 5 years better than the relationship I've had for a month.

My oDD is 9 and I communicate very easily with her. We do lots of stuff together, it's a give-and-take bond, and she is old enough that she has a rich emotional life and our bond grows stronger each year because of that. It's comfortable and easily navigable to me.

My yDD is 2 1/2 and doesn't know English yet, and we've known each other a month, so it's very new and I'm still walking on eggshells around her because we're still figuring out communication, and the bond is so new. We are bonding, very well in fact, but even just because of her age, it's very different than the way I interact with my oDD. I've never had a toddler before, much less one I can't understand, and her life has been turned upside down so it's just an overall new thing.

Doesn't mean I love her less, I just am not as comfortable with our relationship yet. It'll come with time, age, and as we get to know each other.

momoffive07
by Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I have 5 kids and love/like them all the same.  Different ages are nice for different reasons.  My youngest his more cuddly and my oldest is fun to shop with and hang out.

I don't favor any of them. 

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:12 PM

NO! lol.

Keep faking it.

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:13 PM

BTW My mother favored my brother. It hurt my sister and I deeply and effected us in negative ways.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 6:25 PM
How exactly did you know she favored him? I'm pretty fair between the two of them. How did it affect you and your sister?

Quoting onethentwins:

BTW My mother favored my brother. It hurt my sister and I deeply and effected us in negative ways.

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:34 PM

She would allow him to do things we weren't allowed to do, like stay up late and have snacks at night. One night we confronted here and she said so what.

We always knew she would take his side, and so did he. He used to pick fights with my sister and get away with it. It was pretty bad. We felt less worthy of her love.

Quoting Anonymous:

How exactly did you know she favored him? I'm pretty fair between the two of them. How did it affect you and your sister?

Quoting onethentwins:

kfroz0415
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:36 PM

My oldest son is 5 and will turn 6 in a little over 2 weeks. My youngest just turned 2 on Thanksgiving. 

I like my 2 yr old's attitude better right now, but I love them equally and I like their personalities equally. I just wish my 5 yr old would quit being such a butthead to me and his dad.

ETA** I shouldn't say he's a being a butthead to us, he's stubborn and going through an "I'm not going to listen to anyone" phase, or I should say that I hope, hope, hoooooope it is a phase. lol Otherwise he's a great kiddo, just seemed to cultivate a bit of an attitude since starting school. :/ I still like doing crafts with him, playing with him, and going places together, I just wish that attitude would fly away. He never did the terrible 2 thing really so I think this is payback. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)