Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you like one of your children more?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a 2 year old son who I adore and a 5 year old daughter who I love but I like my son more. I want to play with him and cuddle him more. I think it has a lot to do with the ages. My daughter has an attitude a lot of the time and although I correct her when she is rude ect id rather just avoid being around her and play with my son instead. I do feel guilty and I try to play with her as much as I can but it really feels forced. I don't tell her anything mean or make her feel bad this is all just what goes through my head and it makes me feel horrible but I can't help how I feel. Does/ has anyone else felt like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM

LOL at you don't make her feel bad.  FYI children aren't dumb & pick up on not being liked/loved as much.

To answer your question, no I don't love one more than the other.  I love them both the same but in different ways.  I love spending time w/both of them, I miss them both so much when they are gone.

They both annoy me equally but make me smile equally, I couldn't imagine my life w/o either one of them & I never have wanted to avoid my children.  Well aside from maybe the terrible 2 horrible 3 stage, lol.

So nope, love my children equally!

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Honestly? NO.

I love them the same, but for different reasons.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

cLanief
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I like my 2yo better cuz she doesnt talk back yet like my almost 7yo does... as soon as she's talking like him it'll be the same. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Believe it or not there are little things you are probably doing.

You may get annoyed w/her more, snap at her more often, cuddle w/your other more often and the list can go on.

My parents favored my sister, my sister & I do not speak.  I didn't speak to my parents for years.  There are other reasons but their favoritism was a part of it.

Quoting Anonymous:

How exactly did you know she favored him? I'm pretty fair between the two of them. How did it affect you and your sister?

Quoting onethentwins:

BTW My mother favored my brother. It hurt my sister and I deeply and effected us in negative ways.

MomVsBoys
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I love both my sons.  However they are polar opposite personalities so I like each of them for different reasons but not necessarily one more than the other.  OK, so maybe some days I like one a little more than the other, usually depends on who's giving me the most grief :) some days I dislike them equally too.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I love them equally. I like my youngest more. I have a stonger bond with her. Its okay because my oldest likes my SO more than she likes me.  

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I love the heck out of both my children and I'd do anything for them, but for the most part I enjoy my daughter more...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
addiecakesmommy
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Kind of. I enjoy cuddling and playing with my youngest daughter more than my oldest. I can pinch her nose and that's about 10 minutes of good fun right there. With my 6 year old, I have to sit on the floor and make each monster high doll say the correct thing(yes, I have to read her mind). 

I love talking with my oldest more though. She has such great stuff to say and we often take one on one dates that are so fun!

Maybe try doing "older kid" stuff like that with your daughter if you can. We get pedicures,  go to the library, bake cookies, have photo shoots, and other things like that. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I wouldnt say i like one more but now that all my children are adults I can see which one i can get along with more. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Ab-so-freakin-lutely!

Whoever is the quietest at any given moment... THEY'RE my fav! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN