Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you like one of your children more?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have a 2 year old son who I adore and a 5 year old daughter who I love but I like my son more. I want to play with him and cuddle him more. I think it has a lot to do with the ages. My daughter has an attitude a lot of the time and although I correct her when she is rude ect id rather just avoid being around her and play with my son instead. I do feel guilty and I try to play with her as much as I can but it really feels forced. I don't tell her anything mean or make her feel bad this is all just what goes through my head and it makes me feel horrible but I can't help how I feel. Does/ has anyone else felt like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Replies (31-40):
rebeccadac
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

absolutely!!!

it changes day to day, hour to hour, sometimes minute to minute as to which one I like the most.

completely agree with this mama!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I love ALL of my children and grandchildren Equally. They each have different personalities that I love being around all the time.

bubbbaNbabygirl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM
My favorite kid is the one who is currently not whinning or screaming :-) honestly your feelings are normal! Just be careful not to show favoritism, kids pick up on things very easily! And don"t be suprized when next week you are more drawn to your daughter, it doesn"t mean you love one more than the other :-)
tifbrown
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Nope. I'm clinging to every bit of time I have left with my girls.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tastelikeyum
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Nope! They get on my nerves just the same lol!!

But really I love both of my kids just the same. My one year old just gets a little more attention because..................well he's one year old. He is a handful but I do set aside time for my five year old princess!!

Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Depends on the day lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissMagical
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I only have one child so I don't feel like that but I just wanted to say that you love them both so I wouldn't feel guilty.

jpmommy524
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I have two stepkids - lets put it this way:  I love both of them dearly, like they're my own kids.  Do I LIKE one more than the other?  Yes, probably 95% of the time.  My SS8 is WAY easier to deal with, even though he has major issues with ADD and is in a highly specialized classroom.  My SD6 is the kind of kid that my mom threatened me that I'd have as repayment for "how bad I was."  So yes, she has her moments where she's adorable and loving and positively cracks me up, but she drives me insane and is naughty and irritating a LOT more than her brother.  He is extremely easy going, like my DH.  SD is like her BM, who is the waste of oxygen that caused her to be such a little demon, which probably just adds to the irriating factor.  No rules for the first four years of your life, then no one explaining what the eff is happening when mommy moves out with her boyfriend (while still married) and you move with her, and daddy lives somewhere else.... yeah, I can't help but cut SD a little slack.  Its not all her fault!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Nice sneaky grammar correction, OP. I like your style :)

Quoting Anonymous:

How exactly did you know she favored him? I'm pretty fair between the two of them. How did it affect you and your sister?

Quoting onethentwins:

BTW My mother favored my brother. It hurt my sister and I deeply and effected us in negative ways.

pregomom468
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:16 PM

i love both of my babies the same amount but differently if that makes sense

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)