Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Smoking marijuanna to help with morning sickness?

Posted by   + Show Post

hi i am a new mom who just found out i was pregnant. I am just asking this out off curiosity but has anyone heard of smoking marijuanna to help with morning sickness and nausea so they can have a appetite? I'm not talking about smoking bowl after bowl, but just a couple hits to help with morning sicknesss.

ive been searching the web for different opinions but i thought this sight would be a good place to ask other moms for they're opinions on this.

thanks alot! :] -faith

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Marijuina is a drug. As such there have been no studies on how it effects babies in utero. It isn't too fair to use your baby as a test subject.......

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM

My aunt said that she smoked it in order to have an appetite, she said that she couldn't eat without smoking one first but I don't know. I personally wouldn't want to smoke it while I was pregnant to help with that, I'd be afraid I would hurt my baby. She did have her son at 28 weeks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM
3 moms liked this

You are about to be torn to shreds. Run NOW. There are groups here somewhere that would be better suited for this question. 

To answer you, yes. It can help with morning sickness. Yes, you can get in shit for doing it if you're caught or your doc decides to be a douche and report you. IF you choose to do it, you should be drinking twice your normal water intake because THC is very dehydrating. That is the factual side of things. 

Again...I suggest you RUN from this forum. Maybe even delete this post before the real hateful types come out of the woodwork.

Jgeorge128
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Morning sickness is a symptom of pregnancy. You need to do everything you can to take care of your child. There are so many risks in pregnancy alone. Things that can happen without drugs. I can't believe people consider doing this while pregnant.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:15 PM
It's actually helpful IF you really can't keep anything down and are needing medication to stop you from throwing up. It's actually safer then the meds they prescribe to you in tiny doses. But some drs and hospitals do drug screens on pregnant women and newborns. I would not risk it especially since morning sickness is normal and not harmful unless extreme.
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:15 PM

There are many many other ways to help with morning sickness then exposing your baby to drugs. Try ginger pills.

MyGirlsAbbyLiz
Z and pot only stays in you're system 30 days.do unless she had 40 straight weeks of morning sickness she will be fine

Quoting achorney:

Careful if you live in New York. They drug test new moms now.

LectioDivina
4 moms liked this

Yes, it helps and it's much safer than pharmaceuticals

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

i did all nine months...cuz all nine months i was nauseaus

xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:15 PM
It helps with nausea in general but I wouldn't recommend smoking ANYTHING while pregnant. Eat some dry toast
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)