Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Smoking marijuanna to help with morning sickness?

Posted by   + Show Post

hi i am a new mom who just found out i was pregnant. I am just asking this out off curiosity but has anyone heard of smoking marijuanna to help with morning sickness and nausea so they can have a appetite? I'm not talking about smoking bowl after bowl, but just a couple hits to help with morning sicknesss.

ive been searching the web for different opinions but i thought this sight would be a good place to ask other moms for they're opinions on this.

thanks alot! :] -faith

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh...

Quoting LucyHarper:

There are many many other ways to help with morning sickness then exposing your baby to drugs. Try ginger pills.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Ive had a couple friends do it, but this was years ago when drug testing was pretty uncommon and hardly anyone knew what "call cps" ment.

MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:16 PM
The baby will befine
What the hell is marijuina? And yes they're have been studies

Quoting Anonymous:

Marijuina is a drug. As such there have been no studies on how it effects babies in utero. It isn't too fair to use your baby as a test subject.......

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:16 PM
3 moms liked this
If you cant deal with morning sickness without smoking drugs are you gonna smoke meth when you back hurts. Or may a little crack when you get braxton hicks.

I work with kids whos parents used drugs its not fair to introduce a drug to a innocent life.
jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Yes, do it. I was blessed with 2 healthy awesome sons who have turned into fantastic young men.
priceless3238
1 mom liked this

I was prescribed medical marijuana while i was pregnant

I would never actually smoke because the smoking itself could cause issues. If you use a vaporizer or eat edibles there is no harm to the baby. 

MyGirlsAbbyLiz
3 moms liked this
That is a really dumb ass comparison.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you cant deal with morning sickness without smoking drugs are you gonna smoke meth when you back hurts. Or may a little crack when you get braxton hicks.

I work with kids whos parents used drugs its not fair to introduce a drug to a innocent life.

jbirdsladie27
True story!!!!!!!!

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz:

The baby will befine

What the hell is marijuina? And yes they're have been studies

Quoting Anonymous:

Marijuina is a drug. As such there have been no studies on how it effects babies in utero. It isn't too fair to use your baby as a test subject.......

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM
If I had to make the choice between that or prescription drugs, I'd go with the natural option.

As others said, be careful. Many hospitals drug test (without your consent).
RunningMommaof2
by Kelly on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I have heard it helps people a lot. The same as it does for people on chemo, ect. Personally, I wouldn't want to risk it though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)