Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Smoking marijuanna to help with morning sickness?

Posted by   + Show Post

hi i am a new mom who just found out i was pregnant. I am just asking this out off curiosity but has anyone heard of smoking marijuanna to help with morning sickness and nausea so they can have a appetite? I'm not talking about smoking bowl after bowl, but just a couple hits to help with morning sicknesss.

ive been searching the web for different opinions but i thought this sight would be a good place to ask other moms for they're opinions on this.

thanks alot! :] -faith

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Replies (291-300):
BrooklynsMom11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Eat several smalls meals throughout the day and keep hydrated to help with nausea. There are plenty of things you can try to decrease morning sickness without smoking. Best to err on the safe side and abstain while pregnant, especially during the first trimester. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Quoting Charmedby3:

Really!!
I'm in nj, I never heard that but GOOD!!!!

Quoting achorney:

Careful if you live in New York. They drug test new moms now.

Yes! the article was actually here on CM!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 49 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:36 AM
I smoked it with both my babies. I had hyperemesis with both and it was the only thing that kept me out of the hospital.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 50 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:37 AM

i wouldnt do it..mainly because it is illegal

mamoore83
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Umm congrats on your pregnancy. Of course I haven't read through all.like 300 pages but you've probably been told to go talk to your doctor, and that everything that you do goes to the baby. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 51 on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:41 AM

I did a little and my dr knew about it.

Amaxwell1987
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:04 PM

There have been tests and studies done on this subject... Copy and paste this in url

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=published%20jamaican%20marijuana%20pregnant%20women%20study&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpatients4medicalmarijuana.wordpress.com%2F2009%2F12%2F20%2Fmarijuana-cannabis-use-in-pregnancy-dr-melanie-dreher%2F&ei=WaHtUKf2KYm69gSkpYG4Aw&usg=AFQjCNEkbn_UDcsspZKggFm8DNoiUNbnnw&bvm=bv.1357316858,d.eWU

Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Despite the huge reaction here this does help! Getting stoned is one thing but taking a hit or two will help with the morning sickness smoking to much can have the complete opposite effect though.

tlittle1982
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:00 PM

There was actually a woman who did a 15 year study in Jamaca and they cut her funding as soon as the "pot" babies stated testing smarter than the "non pot" babies. I have had at least 3 friends smoke for morning sickness when they couldnt hold food down and their babies were all just fine. (Smart as a whip i must add)  My cousin who was very close to termanally ill with cancer, took liquid THC drops in large concentrate doses and his cancer has since gone into remission and has been for 3 years now... no radiation necessesary. It is most definitely not a drug. It is clearly a medicine plant but for some reason, people will not learn the facts, or even give the facts a freaking chance because their brain is already altered to believing its a horrible illegal drug.  I dont smoke pot myself because it makes me feel weird, i am not ill either so i really dont need it, but I would fully condone any person pregnant or not to smoke it if needed.  Also, you cannot compare Booze to Weed, Not even close....  Alcohol has been proven time and time again to cause fetal problems and fetal death and there is nothing to prove Marajuana causes any problems, no actual ligit proof at all . there are on the other hand, a few doctors out there who are talking out their ass about how bad it is when they themselves probably know very well it is not.   You probably wont pay any mind to this also, but I was just giving you a chance to see the real side of this amazing natural medicinal plant, NOT drug... 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz:

The baby will befine
What the hell is marijuina? And yes they're have been studies

Quoting Anonymous:

Marijuina is a drug. As such there have been no studies on how it effects babies in utero. It isn't too fair to use your baby as a test subject.......

Really? What Dr lost his/her license for that kind of study!  Because it wouldn't be legal to do so in this country!  Hell they can't tell how much alcohol it takes to damage a fetus-because although there is plenty of empirical evidence, doing a real study on it wouldn't be moral OR legal.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 53 on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:23 PM

How about you ask your OB for meds? They make meds that are safer than smoking weed. When you have the baby they can drug test the baby in the hospital & drug test you & then your not going home with your baby. Talk to your DR!!!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN