Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Smoking marijuanna to help with morning sickness?

Posted by   + Show Post

hi i am a new mom who just found out i was pregnant. I am just asking this out off curiosity but has anyone heard of smoking marijuanna to help with morning sickness and nausea so they can have a appetite? I'm not talking about smoking bowl after bowl, but just a couple hits to help with morning sicknesss.

ive been searching the web for different opinions but i thought this sight would be a good place to ask other moms for they're opinions on this.

thanks alot! :] -faith

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM
O for fuck sake its not drug it's a freaking plant.
priceless3238
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Why? it is fairly common for doctors to prescribe marijuana to pregnant women 

Quoting AubreeGrace17:

I can't believe you would even consider doing that...

Lennox28
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Have you tried ginger???

Destiny907
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM

When you are pg, you should not do ANYTHING if you can help it.  Not even aspirin, tylenol, etc..... only in dire "emergency" situations should you take anything during pregnancy.

I would not do pot while Pg, no I would not... just don't do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM
My dr. suggested that for me because my morning sickness was so bad. I went from 250 to 180 in a couple of months but he was from Africa and said it wasn't a bog deal there. He also covered all my pee tests. 10 years later I have two smart healthy boys.
BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I would join the CM group, MOMSLOM.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Considering that a lot of places drug test mother and baby now... There's no way in hell I would.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz:

The baby will befine
What the hell is marijuina? And yes they're have been studies

Quoting Anonymous:

Marijuina is a drug. As such there have been no studies on how it effects babies in utero. It isn't too fair to use your baby as a test subject.......

Really? What Dr lost his/her license for that kind of study!  Because it wouldn't be legal to do so in this country!  Hell they can't tell how much alcohol it takes to damage a fetus-because although there is plenty of empirical evidence, doing a real study on it wouldn't be moral OR legal.

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM

What? Nothing I said was inaccurate.

Quoting MyGirlsAbbyLiz:

Ugh...

Quoting LucyHarper:

There are many many other ways to help with morning sickness then exposing your baby to drugs. Try ginger pills.

priceless3238
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM

That is not true at all. there are a few studies that show how marijuana effects babies. Many have been done in Jamica and other countries where marijuana usage is common 

Quoting Anonymous:

Marijuina is a drug. As such there have been no studies on how it effects babies in utero. It isn't too fair to use your baby as a test subject.......

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN