Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Smoking marijuanna to help with morning sickness?

Posted by   + Show Post

hi i am a new mom who just found out i was pregnant. I am just asking this out off curiosity but has anyone heard of smoking marijuanna to help with morning sickness and nausea so they can have a appetite? I'm not talking about smoking bowl after bowl, but just a couple hits to help with morning sicknesss.

ive been searching the web for different opinions but i thought this sight would be a good place to ask other moms for they're opinions on this.

thanks alot! :] -faith

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Replies (41-50):
lalaboosh
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm about to do it. Ugh. I really want to stop throwing up today. Look up Melani Dreher. When I found myself pregnant I didn't know much about pot other than I loved it. So I researched it for a couple of weeks and all I could find is that there are no medical studies that follow marijuana use exclusively. At least not two years ago. They all include other drugs and tobacco and such, so I really don't think they found anything that indicates that smoking pot while pregnant will give your baby luekemia or ashtma or anything like that. Dr. Dreher did an in depth anthropoligical study of marijuana use among pregnant women in Jamaica, it's pretty interesting. Also check out A NORML Life if you can, it's got some good info on the nutrition. It actually promotes bone growth and brain cell growth as well as being able to repair damaged receptors in the brain. I think if you can, you should eat some for your baby's brain! (And yours)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:19 PM
You're crazy!
jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:20 PM
There have been studies.

Quoting Anonymous:

Marijuina is a drug. As such there have been no studies on how it effects babies in utero. It isn't too fair to use your baby as a test subject.......

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ashleeduhh
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Quoting Jgeorge128:

Morning sickness is a symptom of pregnancy. You need to do everything you can to take care of your child. There are so many risks in pregnancy alone. Things that can happen without drugs. I can't believe people consider doing this while pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Umm you do know your doctor can give you anti nausea medicine to help you cope. Why would you even consider that an option.

I think smoking, doing drugs or drinking during pregnancy is selfish no matter what sadly I know people who do it but it is not my place to tell them what to do just like I will not tell you how wrong it is. You can decide that and take the risk. I hope it goes well for you.

DixieL
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:20 PM
I can't imagine smoking marijuana while a person is pregnant. You can ask your doctor and see what he says.
priceless3238
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Why can't you believe it? Many doctors recommend it. 

Quoting Jgeorge128:

Morning sickness is a symptom of pregnancy. You need to do everything you can to take care of your child. There are so many risks in pregnancy alone. Things that can happen without drugs. I can't believe people consider doing this while pregnant.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:20 PM

yes it can help.  just be careful because of CPS......

elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Yes, it can be helpful. I would recommend using edibles or a vaporizer. Smoking it can be dangerous to the baby. You may not want to if you're in an illegal state, some hospitals drug test and you don't want to deal with cps. Congrats and welcome!

mamalusbear
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I don't think you're supposed to be smoking anything while you're pregnant.  If you're having severe morning sickness you should talk to your OB and he/she could point you in the right direction.  I had hypernemesis gravidarium with my current pregnancy, and I took Zofran until I was about 14 weeks pregnant.  It's not perfect but it allowed me to function and take care of my toddler in the first trimester.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)