Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

for those with two toddlers in the home

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM
  • 63 Replies
1 mom liked this
Holy crap! How the hell do you do it?!? I had my two yr old goddaughter today with my almost 14 mth old ds. My oldest is eight and doesnt require me chasing him every two seconds..and im exhausted! Between tantrums..shouts of NO! MINE! Time outs for hitting (my goddaughter, not ds)...snacks...baths...oh boy i cant wait for her to go home. Im going to shower and go to bed as soon as ds goes to sleep at 9. My mom was a nanny my whole life and now i have so much respect for her for having these kids in her home. Kudos ladies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I had 3 kids in 40 months.  Yeah, that was pretty insane...it's getting better now.

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:41 PM
2 moms liked this
I have twin 3 year old boys. Trust me I understand!
samanthastaatss
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Well I don't chase my daughter around, everything is pretty much babyproof in our home. My daughter is 2 and my son is 1, it's not really that hard. Laundry takes a bit more time though.

marinenonstop
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:42 PM
Omg! That's a lot.

Quoting Anonymous:

I had 3 kids in 40 months.  Yeah, that was pretty insane...it's getting better now.

sam12796
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I think it is easier when they are your own. I did it mine are 18 months apart. Yes at times it got hectic but again with your own you have your own routine and systems in place.

bcoll
by Brandi on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM

My kids are 13, 13, 10, 8, 8, 4 & 2

I've been doing double and triple toddlers forever lol, when they're yours and you have a routine it's not ALWAYS crazy...lol

marinenonstop
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I have converted my dining room into a baby proofed gated play room..but hes one and is learning knew things..shes an only child.. i had to stay in there with them and to interact with them.

Quoting samanthastaatss:

Well I don't chase my daughter around, everything is pretty much babyproof in our home. My daughter is 2 and my son is 1, it's not really that hard. Laundry takes a bit more time though.

Momoftwinkies
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I had 3 in 19 months. It was not easy keeping up with them.
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Haha, it's probably really hectic because they're not used to each other. Mine are 18 months apart and they're now 3 and 4 and best friends! Add in another one that's not a sibling though, and forget about it! Haha!

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

It's both better and worse when they're both yours. lol

The woman in the avi pic is not me, she is my inspiration.  I am a wife, a mother, and an aspiring trainer and nutritionist. I love seeing people get fit and healthy to lead the lives they are meant to live.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)