Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

u people are so jealous

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Of anyone getting the eic/child tax ceidit. That's really sad
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Replies (41-50):
VannaMae307
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM
I wouldnt say I am jealous of the credit itself because I wouldn't want to trade the current income we live
on for the one that qualifies for the credit. Am I jealous of the huge refund back? Hell yes I am. Who
wouldnt want a big chunk once a year? I dont bash those that get it though.
FL2AK
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Not a chance.  I enjoy not living in poverty.  

jackieb2811
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:04 PM

I am pretty sure I have earned it. I am using it on them anyhow. Why WOULDN'T I take it if I am eligable. When we do our taxes I can't tell them "Hey dont try to get me back money". I don't feel bad.

Basically you just said those who can't afford the kids shouldn't get it and now even if you can afford them and still get it it is unfair? Sorry our income comes under the limit but I can still provide for my children.

Quoting brandydesiree:

Then that is even worse....you are taking money that someone else EARNED, and you don't even need it.

Quoting jackieb2811:

I can afford my kids and I am still eligable for it.

Quoting brandydesiree:

I'm not jealous...I think it's sad that you get someone else hard earned money for having a kid that you couldn't afford in the first place!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:04 PM
I'm not jealous of poor fuckers lol.
armywifey26
by Krissy on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM

The income bracket for EIC has went up drastically. A lot of people who "Qualify" now don't really need it to take care of their kids. However, ALOT of people, like my sisters, just keep popping out babies that they can't afford, already get WIC, Medicaid, and FS, AND THEN they get like 7k back in tax returns when they didn't even put in a 1k. They couldn't afford the first kid, or the second, or the third....but the government gives them a credit for having the kid anyway. Sorry, but it's public burden.

Quoting EricaG87:

I'm confused... I'm getting a child tax credit but I can afford my kids... I have never recieved any public assistance or anything... why are people saying you only get it if you had kids you can't afford?

haydsmom2007
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM

jealous of what? That's like rich people being jealous of people on welfare.... doesn't make very much sense. Although I think I do get the EIC and child tax credit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Who wouldn't take it? If they could get it.

Quoting Anonymous:

She said still eligible not that she will take it.

Quoting brandydesiree:

Then that is even worse....you are taking money that someone else EARNED, and you don't even need it.

Quoting jackieb2811:

I can afford my kids and I am still eligable for it.

Quoting brandydesiree:

I'm not jealous...I think it's sad that you get someone else hard earned money for having a kid that you couldn't afford in the first place!

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM

ewww...I heard ceidit was contagious!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I am not jealous. We never qualify for the EIC and we still receive $10,000+ back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)