Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Give me a break...

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM
  • 24 Replies
I've been married to my husband 3 years this month. In that time I've gone "out" with my girlfriends ONE time. That one time was just dinner and a drink too, I was home by 11. My husband, generally a reasonable, family oriented man refuses to keep the kids so I can do anything "fun" without him. I don't get it. It's not that he's uncomfortable watching our little ones, he used to do it when I was in school... It's more like he's jealous, but I don't get why. I never object to him playing golf in the summer so I suppose I don't see how it's unreasonable to ask him to keep the kids while I go for coffee once in awhile, or in the case of this evening ask to go look at a wedding dress with my best friend. Do you? Anyone else just feel smothered....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Been there! Sucks! I finally got to the point where I was like I am going whether you like it or not. I need breaks too... Lol
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I go out all the time and DH doesn't have a problem with it because he understands that it makes me happy.

Sounds like it's time to sit down and have an honest conversation with him about it.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

winkyloafer
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittany208
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:08 PM

weird. I would definitely sit down with him and ask him what specifically it is that bothers him about you hanging out with friends. And is there some way you could hang out with them that would not bother him? Maybe there's some small detail about it that you are overlooking. I dont know. My DH wishes I'd go out more and not be so boring lol.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I couldn't accept that. My husband and I go out often without each other. I wouldn't even think about asking.

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:09 PM

What the hell do you want us to do about it,  babysit for you?

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Why are you asking him to take care of his children? Why is it even an option? You tell him im going out ill be back later and leave.

WithHope
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Absolutely not. My have never been left with anyone other than my spouse, our parents and one friend, and I certainly wouldn't consider leaving them with someone lacking basic manners! I'm simply venting and attempting to determine if his reservations regarding me spending time with friends (without him) is normal. Most people seem to have understood that, and gave pretty good insight!

Quoting Anonymous:

What the hell do you want us to do about it,  babysit for you?

epoh
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:15 PM
I don't know you. -_-
WithHope
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:16 PM
That's pretty much what I did. When I asked it was in regards to his availability as he works 2 jobs and goes to school... But when he responded with an attitude it just kind of spiraled!

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

Why are you asking him to take care of his children? Why is it even an option? You tell him im going out ill be back later and leave.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)