Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I've been married to my husband 3 years this month. In that time I've gone "out" with my girlfriends ONE time. That one time was just dinner and a drink too, I was home by 11. My husband, generally a reasonable, family oriented man refuses to keep the kids so I can do anything "fun" without him. I don't get it. It's not that he's uncomfortable watching our little ones, he used to do it when I was in school... It's more like he's jealous, but I don't get why. I never object to him playing golf in the summer so I suppose I don't see how it's unreasonable to ask him to keep the kids while I go for coffee once in awhile, or in the case of this evening ask to go look at a wedding dress with my best friend. Do you? Anyone else just feel smothered....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Replies (21-24):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I would try - "tuesday night I'm going out with my friends for a while, do you want to watch the kids, or should I call a sitter?"

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah really. What is he going to do???? IF he does anything you have your answer to leave. Period.

Quoting Sassy762:

Don't ask him to watch his own children. Just leave the kids with him and go................

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Exactly, lol

Do you have to ask your DH's permission to go places and do things?? NO way in hell would I be in a relationship like that.............kwim

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Yeah really. What is he going to do???? IF he does anything you have your answer to leave. Period.

Quoting Sassy762:

Don't ask him to watch his own children. Just leave the kids with him and go................

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:46 PM
My ex-husband was the same way...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)