Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Too young to be pregnant

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My daughter has just told me she is pregnant at 14 I feel shocked what should I tell her
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Replies (131-136):
AnastasiaKorsh
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Quoting mirayou7912:

Why do people always suggest abortion? Are we all not mothers, here? Adoption is a much better solution to abortion.

What does being a mother have to do with suggesting abortion? Mothers can still be pro choice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Tell her her options and like other posters have said tell her how much you are willing to help, put everything up front, if she is big enough to get pregnant then she is big enough to make a decision.  My mom got pregnant at 14 had my brother when she was 15, got pregnant a month later and had me when she was 16 and it was very hard for her.  She dropped out of school and had 3 jobs.  It is possible, but a very hard road.  Good luck mama.

Lolaunscripted
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:38 PM
I got pregnant at 15(I miscarried). It changed me forever. Had I known before I miscarried I would've kept, my mother knew when I did (I was in pain with huge tissue clots and blood pouring out of me, I don't think my mom couldve missed it) but whatever my choice was she would have emotionally supported me. Give your daughter that because it'll mean more than anything else to her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:10 PM
No I was not

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. First were you aware she was active? What is she doing having sex at such a young age. I would suggest abort or a.doption

illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Just hug and support her. Let her life be the way she wants it to be. There are plenty of great high school programs where you can bring your kids with you. And there are plenty of programs where you can graduate early and get on to college so your teen can make a better life for herself and your grandbaby :)

Help her see all of the options and decide how she will.

mommyinthe303
by Silver Member on Jan. 4, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Let me say this. My sister was 13 when she had her daughter. Needless to say no matter what we as a family wanted she wanted to keep her daughter. When all of us really wanted her to just adopt her to a family who could care for her. My niece is 10 now and my sister has really never taken care of her once my niece was passed around to family member to family member until she ended up with the aunt she is with now and takes very good care of her. Well the Aunt is 25 no kids of her own and does it all on her own which is not fair. Now my sister has another daughter who she takes care of full time and how does it make my niece feel? SHITY! I feel awful for her. Good luck with everything. If she is lucky to have you support her and the child good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

No I was not

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow. First were you aware she was active? What is she doing having sex at such a young age. I would suggest abort or a.doption

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN