Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is she on methadone?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies

My cousin visited my estranged sister recently. Sis and I don't talk, I believe she suffers from NPD and I finally cut her out of my life, I was tired of the abuse and her toxic personality. Of course to her, everything was my fault and I wasn't a good sister. Anyway. Cousin said my sister looked really frail, her head was "wobbly", and she said she was on methadone. Now my sister used to do drugs...pretty sure it was pills, but Idk if she did anything else. She supposedly has been clean for the past 4 years. She also has issues with her kidney, though I don't know the severity of it. She also claims to have epilepsy, but I don't know how true that is, she has made up so many lies and imaginary illnesses before, andI've never seen her have a seizure. Anyone have any clue why she would be on methadone? She lives alone with her 2 youngest kids (both uder the age of 5), is it safe for those kids to be alone with her?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitschy
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM
I have nothing nice to say about methadone so I'll just bump. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM

She's on methadone because she's a recovering heroin addict. The pills are more than likely prescribed by her doctor, in an effort to keep her from the actual drug.

I do know, for a fact, that if you aren't a drug addict, and you take one of those pills - you will get sicker than hell.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

She could have been taking it to treat a drug addiction and now she is addicted to Methadone.

ETA: Had to come back and fix my sentence. I didn't realized that I erased the word could.

beerebelly
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Why don't you reach out to your sister and ask her. Especially for the kids sake.

kmjmlj
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM
My dad had to take when he got cancer.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
robyann
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:39 PM

She is on methadone most likely because she was on herion. If she is "wobbly", she is either doing too much of the methadone or doing herion. No, the kids are not safe with her.

la-cosa-nostra
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Methadone is for recovering heroin addicts.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I am thinking about it for the kids sake, but you dont know how toxic she is! For my sanity I stay away.

Quoting beerebelly:

Why don't you reach out to your sister and ask her. Especially for the kids sake.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Methadone is used to treat opiate addiction. It isn't any better for you then opiates are though. It is basically synthetic heroin.
lili_monkey
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 8:42 PM
2 moms liked this
It is also used for pain management for people with severe chronic pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured