Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A question for those who refuse to vaccinate their kids

Posted by   + Show Post

How do your children recieve an education?

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Replies (81-90):
TSNDDY
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Some of us have had our children harmed by vaccines, I would hardly call that paranoid.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with anon.... sheep?  what?  i mean maybe that's your view, but I would think someone well informed wouldn't put kids at risk over some paranoid crap that never holds up.  There's risks everywhere, and everything can look "dangerous" if you want it to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm more concerned about the "anti-vax parents" lack of education..... 

Most anti-vax people have done more research and informed themselves considerably more than the sheep who glance over the handout at the Dr's office before throwing it away.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:56 PM
2 moms liked this

There should be a person who goes out to the parents picking up their kids at school, camera on them, mic in their face and say "did you know that your state allowed X and Y vaccine exemptions. Meet little susie! She shared a lollipop with your son last year. Susie hasnt EVER been vaccinated."

Quoting Kitschy:

I actually wish there was a camera on each post like this. I just want to see the look on OP's face when she realizes that this whole time her kids have been going to school side by side with non vaccinated children.

Does that make me bad?

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

lol. Both of my unvaccinated children are in a public school.

CrunchyBran
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:56 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting MJuliet:

I sure hope that people know the man, Dr.Andrew Wakefield, who came out saying that there was a link between autism and Vaccines has lost his medical license and the only reason he came out with that medical journal is because some parents paid him thousands of dollars. And that the American Academy of Pediatrics has dismised any research by Dr.Andrew Wakefield and said there is no link between autism and vaccinations.

Just saying.

For the love of Jenny McCarthy, Autism is not the only reason people choose to not vaccinate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I vaccinated my daughter when I had her so I dont know but here is a bump for ya

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Will have a Masters in a few months.   Little late, I had my first really young... but I play catch up well.  :)

You?

Quoting Lunarprancer:

What's your level of education?

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think it's too "sweeping and ignorant" - if people wanna have their unvax-ed kid, that's on them.  but they don't need to bring that crap around my kid.   we aren't living in the 1600's.... we are capable of taking steps to prevent illness.  the religious aspect i understand... still don't want them around my kids though.  but all the other shit has been disproved repeatedly and people still wanna bitch about it... and put their own kids at risk over it.  (and other peoples kids)

THAT is ignorant.  as all hell.   you can debate it with me all you want, it's selfish.  and you can bet your ass if some moron that didn't vax because "it causes autism!" or some other jenna mccarthy BS claim got my kid sick with something serious... i'd be holding the ignorant parent responsible.  

Quoting Lunarprancer:

That's a sweeping and ignorant statement.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, because Austism is the only reason why we don't vaccinate. eye rolling

Quoting MJuliet:

I sure hope that people know the man, Dr.Andrew Wakefield, who came out saying that there was a link between autism and Vaccines has lost his medical license and the only reason he came out with that medical journal is because some parents paid him thousands of dollars. And that the American Academy of Pediatrics has dismised any research by Dr.Andrew Wakefield and said there is no link between autism and vaccinations.

Just saying.

Anonymous

Define reaction..... you might have a valid point.  For SOME cases.  Unless you think reaction is cranky/ slight fever/ soreness/ etc.  Then you're just overly sensitive.  

Quoting Anonymous:

You do realize that some of us would be putting our kids at risk if we vaxed? Just because your kid(s) didn't have a reactio, doesn't mean others don't. Paranoia has nothing to do with it, when you see your child have a reaction. You "protect" your kid by vaxing and I protect my kid by not vaxing.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with anon.... sheep?  what?  i mean maybe that's your view, but I would think someone well informed wouldn't put kids at risk over some paranoid crap that never holds up.  There's risks everywhere, and everything can look "dangerous" if you want it to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Most anti-vax people have done more research and informed themselves considerably more than the sheep who glance over the handout at the Dr's office before throwing it away.

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Was it a PRIVATE daycare?

Private institutions can do whatever they want.. They can deny you for any reason.

Quoting ksueditz:

Same with ours. My ds13, when he was 4, had to have the chicken pox vax or he couldn't even go to daycare.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Where I live, kids without vaccinations are not allowed in school.

Quoting queen_k0302:

They go to school or home school. You sign papers.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

Anonymous

So does going outside.  Let's all stop doing that immediately!!  

Quoting CrunchyBran:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

What paranoid crap?  All you need to do is look at the VEARS site to learn that vaccines can and do injure people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)