Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A question for those who refuse to vaccinate their kids

Posted by   + Show Post

How do your children recieve an education?

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Replies (271-275):
Gmgej
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Thrombocytopenic purura, looks much like lukemia, my oldest spent time in the childrens hospital at 18 months, he was bleeding through his skin. We were told if we decided to vaccinate again that a crash cart must be present, is that valid enough for you? Oh and it isn't on the Dr. office pamphlet. There are very real reactions, and that are terrifying. Not knowing if your child will survive is a horrible feeling.

Quoting Anonymous:

Define reaction..... you might have a valid point.  For SOME cases.  Unless you think reaction is cranky/ slight fever/ soreness/ etc.  Then you're just overly sensitive.  

Quoting Anonymous:

You do realize that some of us would be putting our kids at risk if we vaxed? Just because your kid(s) didn't have a reactio, doesn't mean others don't. Paranoia has nothing to do with it, when you see your child have a reaction. You "protect" your kid by vaxing and I protect my kid by not vaxing.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with anon.... sheep?  what?  i mean maybe that's your view, but I would think someone well informed wouldn't put kids at risk over some paranoid crap that never holds up.  There's risks everywhere, and everything can look "dangerous" if you want it to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm more concerned about the "anti-vax parents" lack of education..... 

Most anti-vax people have done more research and informed themselves considerably more than the sheep who glance over the handout at the Dr's office before throwing it away.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Actually I ignored no one. I have already said that I understand it now. Yet you keep going off on incoherent ramblings about conversations that never happened.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

I never said that you said that someone told you. You were told HERE. Yet you kept choosing to ignore everyone telling you. Try going back to the beginning and read every reply to you.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

But you fail to point out where I said someone told me about the TX Vaccination exemption. Had I known about it I wouldn't have asked. You started the conversation saying that I know about waivers and such. Not me.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

What? Are you drunk or just stupid? I did not start this thread, you did.

posted by AliKatAK47

on Jan. 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Actually you started this. I simply said that my kids' school doesn't allow it.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

So unless you've replied to someone in this thread the posts don't count....LOL...OK got it. Go back and read this thread that you started.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Seeing as I have only replied to about 2 people and neither told me anything like that. I have no idea what conversation you are speaking of.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Do you not realize that the school districts or individual public schools can not make rules that violate the state laws? At that point in the conversation, you had been told many times that TX has vaccine waivers for schools attendance.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I said that the kids aren't allowed to go in without vaccines. Which I was sure was the rule for all schools.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

BTW: You actually implied that your children attended school through the local school district when you answered the Annon poster said that the school district is lucky that they haven't faced a lawsuit for violating TX laws.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

No. I am not. However since I have been told that the rule is the same for all schools I went by that. 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Are you really so thick in the head that you do not realize that by TX schools we mean TX public schools? Also are you so thick that you believe that every school (be they public or private) has the same rules as the one school your children attend?

Quoting AliKatAK47:

The school my kids go to would not let an non vaccinated kid in. Its a private school. Waiver or no waiver, your kid isn't getting in without shots.

Quoting BethanyJ:

OP, unvaccinated children ARE allowed in TX schools.  Check your laws.  All you have to do is file an exemption.  Not sure if anyone has mentioned that because I haven't read through all the replies, nor do I plan to, but I wanted to correct you there.  The "no shots, no school" thing is a huge bluff and mostly a lie.  They can in some states make it difficult for you to enroll your kids with no shots, but for the most part all you have to do is file the proper paperwork and it's in the bag.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:52 PM

This thread that you started isn't a conversation that never happened. When people reply to this thread they are replying to you.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Actually I ignored no one. I have already said that I understand it now. Yet you keep going off on incoherent ramblings about conversations that never happened.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

I never said that you said that someone told you. You were told HERE. Yet you kept choosing to ignore everyone telling you. Try going back to the beginning and read every reply to you.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

But you fail to point out where I said someone told me about the TX Vaccination exemption. Had I known about it I wouldn't have asked. You started the conversation saying that I know about waivers and such. Not me.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

posted by AliKatAK47

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

So unless you've replied to someone in this thread the posts don't count....LOL...OK got it. Go back and read this thread that you started.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Seeing as I have only replied to about 2 people and neither told me anything like that. I have no idea what conversation you are speaking of.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Do you not realize that the school districts or individual public schools can not make rules that violate the state laws? At that point in the conversation, you had been told many times that TX has vaccine waivers for schools attendance.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I said that the kids aren't allowed to go in without vaccines. Which I was sure was the rule for all schools.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

BTW: You actually implied that your children attended school through the local school district when you answered the Annon poster said that the school district is lucky that they haven't faced a lawsuit for violating TX laws.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

No. I am not. However since I have been told that the rule is the same for all schools I went by that. 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Are you really so thick in the head that you do not realize that by TX schools we mean TX public schools? Also are you so thick that you believe that every school (be they public or private) has the same rules as the one school your children attend?

Quoting AliKatAK47:

The school my kids go to would not let an non vaccinated kid in. Its a private school. Waiver or no waiver, your kid isn't getting in without shots.

Quoting BethanyJ:

OP, unvaccinated children ARE allowed in TX schools.  Check your laws.  All you have to do is file an exemption.  Not sure if anyone has mentioned that because I haven't read through all the replies, nor do I plan to, but I wanted to correct you there.  The "no shots, no school" thing is a huge bluff and mostly a lie.  They can in some states make it difficult for you to enroll your kids with no shots, but for the most part all you have to do is file the proper paperwork and it's in the bag.  

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Unless I actually respond to you then I have not read your reply or I just didn't pay attention. Therefore there is no conversation. This little quote leaf we have is a conversation (two people exchanging words). I started a thread. 

Quoting sha_lyn68:

This thread that you started isn't a conversation that never happened. When people reply to this thread they are replying to you.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

posted by AliKatAK47

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting BethanyJ:

Hyman
by Silver Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
How? From a teacher. Lol. Of course. It is not required where I live to vax.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)