Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There is no excuse for a disgustingly dirty house

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm not talking common mess, I'm talking down right nasty.
How hard is it to keep a house clean? It takes me 15 minutes a night to clean my living room (pick up toys, sweep & steam the floors), 30 minutes to clean my kitchen & dining room (dishes, counters, sweep & steam) and MAYBE 30p minutes to do the rest (put shoes & coats away, sweep hall floors and stairs and clean my bathroom (counters, sweep &steam floor and wipe mirror if needed).
That is under 2 hours of house work at night. It's really not that hard.

ETA- I guess some people need to learn how to read. The post clearly says UNDER 2 hours (and has since it was posted). If you want me to get REALLY technical it takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Replies (21-30):
lizmartinez
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:28 PM
4 moms liked this
I agree. I don't see why it's difficult.
What bothers me is when people say they'd rather spend time with their kids than clean (obviously I would, too, but cleaning has to happen) so the just don't clean. Cleanliness and health go hand in hand. I won't neglect my son to clean, but I also won't let my house get gross and use my kid as an excuse. Ew.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2b2324
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I totally read that in my cartman voice

Quoting Kitschy:

I agree. I'm just here for punch and pie

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:29 PM
My man does the dishes. But still. Any time spent cleaning is way too long for me.
Quoting Anonymous:

It wouldn't even take me that long if I had a dishwasher.l, but I have to wash everything by hand. Having a family of 3 kids and 2 adults make the dishes pile up quickly.

Quoting QueenBof6:

Fuck that.

2 hours is way too long for me to spend cleaning my house
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Wow, you judgemental bitch! Then why dont you take your bitchy, whiny little ass over there and clean it for them? I doubt you do ANY cleaning because you sound like one of those lazy bitches who has the maid do it for her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:29 PM

dh and I do the big chores but the kids are responsible for their messes. so if it doesn't happen that night it happens the next day

MommyLehr
by Veronica on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I agree. I can't stand visiting with my parents because they're hoarders. It's not as bad as the show... But it's gross. It took me 3 hours to do their dishes last time I was there. The entire counter was covered I dirty dishes and other filth. There was dried up oatmeal and ketchup all over the counters. It's awful. There was dried up spilled soda on the coffee table and bowls of dried up food all over the place. No one does anything and they just sit around blaming each other for the mess instead of doing anything about it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:29 PM
3 moms liked this
What if the person has no limbs?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Sweet! come to my house and clean...Since you are so fast al all lol

Reepicheep.CSL
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I agree. My biggest pet peeve is dirty kitchen counters!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN