Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

There is no excuse for a disgustingly dirty house

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I'm not talking common mess, I'm talking down right nasty.
How hard is it to keep a house clean? It takes me 15 minutes a night to clean my living room (pick up toys, sweep & steam the floors), 30 minutes to clean my kitchen & dining room (dishes, counters, sweep & steam) and MAYBE 30p minutes to do the rest (put shoes & coats away, sweep hall floors and stairs and clean my bathroom (counters, sweep &steam floor and wipe mirror if needed).
That is under 2 hours of house work at night. It's really not that hard.

ETA- I guess some people need to learn how to read. The post clearly says UNDER 2 hours (and has since it was posted). If you want me to get REALLY technical it takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Replies (31-40):
TwinmomAlicia
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I make a mean chocolate cream pie. I use my grandmother's recipe. Yumminess.

Quoting Kitschy:

apple I suppose but I was hoping for chocolate cream

Quoting Anonymous:

Apple or blueberry pie?

Quoting Kitschy:

I agree. I'm just here for punch and pie

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
misslady80013

I agree with you. Filth gives me anxiety, I cannot handle it. My egg donor's (evil mother) house was a disgusting. Dishes with dried food everywhere, I could not tell you the color of the carpet because I did not see it very often and the parts I did see were covered in Kool-Aid stains. As soon as I turned 18, I WAS OUT!!!!! There is no excuse for people to spit on plates and/or cups instead of making their own spit can (Which is nasty too but a bit better) or getting up and grabbing some damn tissue!!! Can you imagine being the lucky one to wash the dishes every night?! It pissed me off every single time! 

Oops, sorry for my mini vent, as you can tell, I can not stand filth and nastiness.  

HaloWithHorns78
She's not talking about messy. She said dirty nasty disgusting. Stop being so defensive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Fuck that. I make my kids clean. It takes them about 30 mins each. I do laundry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Someone i know their house is gross and smells it to.
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:30 PM
2 moms liked this

So you have a small home or you dont clean well.it takes me two hours to clean the kitchen top to bottom.

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Depends on your definition of dirty and disgusting. I don't do all that stuff everyday. I would go nuts if I did lol.
LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Totally true. I attend college full time, home school two of my children, volunteer for our local rescue, and keep my house sanitary. During college breaks it's even cleaner. I feel it sets an example for kids to live by and have read it boosters brain power bc its visually less caotic and they focus better.
BoxxyBabee
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Want a cookie? I washed it for you.

I hope you washed it in bleach

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM
It is when you just had surgery and can't walk.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)